Why textfiles only??? How about screenshots

...let us know what you think, free speech!
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Why textfiles only??? How about screenshots

Post by pseudo_opcode »

hey,
Was just browsing through the downloads sections, and saw that you have the textfiles section, was just wondering how about some files with nice screenshots, like for example we have a tutorial for newbies on how to use compiler, so we can put screenshots over there, this is a very common practice and was wondering why didnt you use over here. Well i didnt see any other section apart from textfiles since i dont need any tool, so dont flame me if you already have it over there :) .

Earlier when i used to write tutorials, the best feedback i got was when i used screenshots, and that too so many of them, they dont mind the big size, all they want is information.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

That sounds like a good idea, but it's not up to me, i haven't written any files lately for here, at suck-o.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, the term "textfiles" might be a little confusing, actually most of the files are e-books. of course it´s a good idea to create own tuts, but the problem is that it needs a lot of time and most people here have a job and a family. I´ll upload my tiny "how to retrieve IP adresses through yahoo messenger"-tut on the next site update....and I hope I´ll finish my Ethereal-tut soon... :)

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

You know what... i wish i had my tutorials, i spent a lot of time writing them and taking screenshots, but for some reason i had deleted them, and now its almost impossible to rewrite them, but i will try my best to provide you with a few tutorials,if you want them. But before that i need to know about the rules for the tutorials, i mean like if we cannot teach how to hack a specific application/server etc.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Did you delete them off of the HDD you're using right now and using Windows? If that's the case I think you can use a program (don't remember specifically) Norton *something* to retrieve the ghost image off the HD.

I'll edit if I can remember the name *eventually*.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Stavros wrote:Did you delete them off of the HDD you're using right now and using Windows? If that's the case I think you can use a program (don't remember specifically) Norton *something* to retrieve the ghost image off the HD.

I'll edit if I can remember the name *eventually*.
dude i got what you are talking about, the disk recovery software, but you know that works when the files have been deleted recently since when you delete any file it doesnot physically remove any data, it just updates the partition tables or something like that, so it will consider it as 'empty' and will write the new data over that, i mean it just re-magnetizes the disk, and as you already know its all binary information. so after deleting the files i have formatted my hard drive several times so it wont work.

Also in general the success rate of data recovery software is not very good, so it would have recovered files like in some alien language :D
obviously those would have been filtered but still!!!

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I didn't actually have any real hope that that would be your cure, but I guess it was worth mentioning.

I read where someone I think had reformatted their computer and got their stuff back, but that was only one reformatt, and as you say you've formatted it several times, so nix that idea.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

must have been low level format or something like that, which is done through BIOS, dont know much bout it but i have read about it...

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

A low level format is where they wipe the File Allocation Table stored in your hard drive, instead of wiping the hard drive itself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

graphics in tuts/text

Post by DNR »

I myself have lost many personal texts and tuts, thats why I tried to save in several different formats. Zip Disk, CDRW, HD, and internet portals. Its nice to read some of the old stuff, even if the hack is outdated/patched.

I guess the old school tuts had graphics in ASCI, I do like graphics too, especially graphs that diagram connections or sequences of connections or events. There is no reason that some old tuts could not be updated with screenshots..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.