Ok newbs, wanna hack?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
eppik
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Ok newbs, wanna hack?

Post by eppik »

Every newb asks: teach me how to hack

whel i say very whell, but first get a bloody LAN with 2 computers.

Then open shares and disable the firewall so you can start easy.

Then read some tuts (Hackers Black book for example)

Ask your questions here but as the rules sayn no 'how do i get acess to www.xxxxxx.xxx help me cuz im stuck' use your LAN

after reading some tuts you should be able to gain acess using major shares flaws, then disable shres and run the Firewall and test your skillz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just some 'speaking my mind' stuff so now heres the deal

If you wanna learn how to hack do like i did

So on July 6, 2006 i borrowed my fathers laptop he asked 'what for?' i answered 'checking major security flaws' he said 'ok just dont fuck that laptop or ill fuck your box'

so happy as i was i turned on both computers, disconected mine from the INTERnet and connected the LAN - so noone could interfeer or gain acess to both computers - next i enable both firewals and disable shares from both machines.

Next i used the IP scanner to find the IP (i first checked the ip on the laptop - or du u think i would stay all day waiting to search all the way from 10.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 ?)

then i used NBTSTAT -A to find if there where shares.

you already know the rest, i tried ever thing to gain acess (and i did get read, write, delete, copy,download, upload, etc.. - so basically i did everything i can with that pc :) )

so in the end i found that that computer was SO vulnerable it had major share flaws ( i even managed to get acess to the windows folder and run the cmd.exe and upload some (fake) trojans)
also it had a flaw on port 80 due to apache server being outdated.

so what did i earn after 6 hours of hacking legaly?

- Whell i told my dad the flaws and he gave me a better net connection :)

- I earned LOTS of experience

- I earned lots of knowledge in 'what not to do'

So conclusion?

HACK LEGALY!!!
PRACTICE!
PRACTICE!
PRACTICE!
PRACTICE!

i hope you enjoy this

oh and visit http://hdatabase.tk and trie and find an easter egg somewhere on the source for even more knowlegde!

Good luck m8s

EDIT: I did not use NBTSTAT -A nor -a i used megaping to check for shares THEN i acessed the in cmd to test my skillz also i did this because nbtstat couldnt read the shares cuz my father has the shares hidden from un open eyes (he has a intranet at his network with a proxy, and lots of computer so its got to be whel protected or this laptop would just be a backdoor to the intire network.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

ethical hacking

Post by DNR »

That is a good example of how to learn to hack ethically and legally. It was simple and it taught you alot. Good post, next what you can do is set up the same network but enable security features and try working around them (or through them).

This kind of hacking is good for professional employment when they ask about skillz, you can't say "I brought the bank of Jamaica to its knees with a HTTP exploit."

Hmm The easter egg?
"'suck-o rules!!'"

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

eppik

Post by eppik »

Thank you DNR

But i have a question what security measures your talkin bout? And how do i pass trought (or arround) them?

Now you brought a interesting question :)

Also the easter egg is not "suck-o rules"

that was too easy, try again.

Oh and is the bank of jamaica so poor that has http flaws 8O lol

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

security testing in your own lab

Post by DNR »

Beware the bank of jamaica is protected by the British Commonwealth..

Set up the network again, just like you did, then only setting one security feature on/off at a time, see how they work and don't work. Thats how I learned to break them, working on cracking them at my leisure and even seeing the results on the computer I am hacking (watch the logs!).

Try Cain&Able.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.