ATIP [What is it and what ever you can tell me about it]

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

ATIP [What is it and what ever you can tell me about it]

Post by DrVirus »

Guys I need your help in something. See recently I was working on something related to ATIP So I did I little research.
Wiki says
Absolute Time in Pregroove (ATIP) is a method of storing information on an optical medium, used on CD-R and other writable discs. ATIP information is only readable on CD-R and CD-RW drives, as normal drives don't need the information stored on it.
Now that's not saying a lot now is it ? So I'm looking for more info. Basically I want to know everything I can about it. What kinds of disks have them ? Can we bypass them etc etc. Please if anyone has any info do come forward.

P.S. If anyone wants to know about them then do leave a reply will post everything I find from my end.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Use entire phrase for keywords (no results for ATIP)
"Absolute Time In Pregroove" Filetype:pdf (to filter the junk out)

[PDF] Running Optimum Power Control: Data Integrity in CD-Recording
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Absolute Time In Pregroove (ATIP). The reflected light returned from the ... An initial write power setting encoded in the Absolute Time In Pregroove ...
www.osta.org/specs/pdf/opc.pdf - Similar[PDF] Understanding CD-R and CD-RW
structure of this pregroove are speed control and Absolute Time In Pregroove (ATIP) time code information as well as other parameters critical for recorders ...
www.osta.org/technology/pdf/cdr_cdrw.pdf - SimilarA Model for Prevention of Software Piracy Through Secure Distribution
(Absolute Time In Pregroove) signal [4] of the disc. A logical key Klogical corresponding to the physical key. Kphysical is associated with each disc. ...
www.springerlink.com/index/k888x83u002r87k3.pdf - Similar
by MD Laurel - Related articles - All 2 versions[PDF] United States Patent m
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Absolute Time in Pregroove (Al'lf), thereby reading out the information with respect to the grooves. In the optical pickup system according to the present ...
www.minidisc.org/patents/pdfs/US05644563.pdf - Similar[PDF] CDR-ROM IMPLEMENTATIONS
Absolute-Time-In-Pregroove (ATIP), encoded by frequency modulating the wobble reference carrier. The reference carrier and associated modulation is used by ...
www.optical-disc.com/techpapers/CDRROMImplemetation.pdf - Similar

---

Universal Disk Format Specification
http://www.13thmonkey.org/documentation ... f201er.pdf
The directory is traversable :twisted:
so try this for everything on UDF
http://www.13thmonkey.org/documentation/UDF/

Plenty to read out there :wink:

DNR[/quote]
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Thanks DNR. I'm on it.