25 mb ?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
f4Gg0t_43
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Memory isn't free... Pretty much every site has a limit. The only thing I can think of that doesn't, is torrents, but that is because the files are hosted on your computer. Yes you CAN send multiple emails, but it discourages it. There may be some other reasons too, like most people just send text files or pictures.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

You have to think about bandwidth too. Gmail has millions of users and a lot of them are sending files. Think about how much bandwidth that must use. A lot ^_^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

p4inl0v3r wrote:Lots of space
Over 7376.815810 megabytes (and counting) of free storage.

thats what gmail says
on one hand they offer you 7.3 gb of free (inbox) space and on the other hand only 25 mb of mailing limit ?
ok well bandwidth is a problem. what about limiting what files you send ? its both qualitative and quantitative :|
For 1, Gmail asumes you have a bandwith limit a month which in most cases is used by the ISP. Also Gmail is a free service, if u want to make use of it...obey their laws :P
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

This topic is a part of the "Net Neutrality" debate. It is about money.
Bandwidth is money to the ISP, they built their networks as cheap as possible. To provide a 'acceptable' level of Quality of Service (QoS) the ISP limits the bandwidth for 'normal' people (not you and I) so everyone 'gets' the same bandwidth.

Normal people just need the 'net for email, surfing fucked up websites, and chatting. They will never need to upload 50mb files. Unusual people like us, they see as 'stealing' bandwidth away from other users.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.