How much you pay to your ISP for your Internet per month?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

How much you pay to your ISP for your Internet per month?

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

How much amount of money you pay to your ISP for you Internet usage?

Please mention the amount in USD only...

Also mention your whole plan like
1) Amount of money you pay per month or package of 3-6 months
2) Amount of usage you get
3) Amount of speed you get (Both Upload and Download)
4) Amount of Free-Usage you get per day/month
5) Also specify the downtime and uptime

Like the name of my plan is "Night 512 Blast Xtra"
In this plan, as the it clearly says I get 512 kbps bandwidth, meaning 60 kb download speed and 15 kb upload speed. It sucks a lot...

1) Amount of money I per month = $60 (I pay for 6 months, so $10 a month)
2) Amount of usage I get = 7 GB (9 AM - 11 PM)
3) Amount of speed I get (Both Upload and Download) = 60 KB DL & 15 KB UL
4) Amount of Free-Usage I get per day = 11 PM - 9 AM FREE
5) Downtime and uptime = 99% UP
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

So, in short, although I have only 7 GB download for 6 months and 512 KBps bandwidth, I can download 2 GB per day, at night. So, 60 GB per month. That is 360 GB in 6 month, maximum...

This is very pathetic when I look at other peoples bandwidth.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I pay 39.99 Euro/month (about 60 USD) for a 2mb DSL connection (2mb down/256k up), no download limit...included are also free calls to landline numbers in germany (not to cellphones).
have it since some years and never had a downtime yet... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I get an employee discount, so the Pantech USB broadband modem was free! (reg. $175 - $50) I got a 'bundle' so I got two cellphones and the USB modem for 129USD a month, unlimited calls, but 500gb monthly limit. they charge .25 cents per MB over 500gb. Verizon had no downtime :twisted:

The speeds vary - they say "downloads to 700 Kbps and upload speeds of 60 to 80 Kbps, but thats really cut in half in RL. Add bad weather, less.

BTW the UM175 usb modem has an accessory cable that allows for bi-directional traffic, this speeds up your connection:
This cable is probably a health safety idea too - it moves the USB modem further away from you - and away from the radiation from the device.

For the Wifi mode you can plug in an external anntenna with another cable.
Then you can pick and chose from nice high gain antennas!
Price? $30 - $45 USD for this.

The device is supposedly PnP on windows (XP/Vista) but the verizon software VZ has the tools for retrieving txt msg, showing stats, and account management.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

5 years ago i was with a company called virgin media. It was known as NTL at the time and is the only cable company in the country. I had the top package of 20mb connection and paid ..

35.00 GBP = 55.9698 USD

For the same price they now offer 50mb

For the last 4 years i have not paid for my internet and am still on a service ranging from 2mb on one connection and 8 mb on the other i use.

All have had no limits

Downtime on both sky and Virgin is very minimal although mine is depending if they turn the routers off :lol:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I pay 35 euro's for 8MB down 1 up.

But I want to switch to 60mb Down 6 Up for 39.99 euros :)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

I pay 33 EUR or so for 10/1 down/up. If my landlines could take it, I could pay 40 EUR per month, and I'd have 20/1.

I have unlimited usage.

How on *earth* do you guys put up with such shitty terms? 7GB of usage? Holy shit. With 10 megabits per second, I can in theory download around 2700 gigabytes per month.

Also, if I pay a one time fee of around 335 or so euros, I can get a 50/50 connection for .. 80 euros a month. Unlimited usage.

EDIT:

Oh, and it's also extremely stable. The customer service is top notch(They even offer stuff like disabling some network related protocols on your line that may improve stability, but hurt your ping times. Most lines barely need the extra stability, so if you want to improve your ping times, you can call them up and ask for a "gamer profile")

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I pay $30 a month for unlimited cable internet with speeds of 50 Mbps.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

About 15€ per month for 2mbps download and 512kbps upload speed, 5GB limited traffic (download AND upload :(). Pretty bad contract, but it's the best that can be found in my town...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Sure some plans suck, but I am sure its based on what is available in the area. I can't get cable internet, its not available. So I am left with a landline, Satellite, and cellco. The landline would be cheaper, but not fast. The sat is out, too pricey. The cellco fits, as we bundle it in with the cellphone plans.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

IceDane wrote:I pay 33 EUR or so for 10/1 down/up. If my landlines could take it, I could pay 40 EUR per month, and I'd have 20/1.

I have unlimited usage.

How on *earth* do you guys put up with such shitty terms? 7GB of usage? Holy shit. With 10 megabits per second, I can in theory download around 2700 gigabytes per month.

Also, if I pay a one time fee of around 335 or so euros, I can get a 50/50 connection for .. 80 euros a month. Unlimited usage.

EDIT:

Oh, and it's also extremely stable. The customer service is top notch(They even offer stuff like disabling some network related protocols on your line that may improve stability, but hurt your ping times. Most lines barely need the extra stability, so if you want to improve your ping times, you can call them up and ask for a "gamer profile")

Its about where you live and which facilities you get. Money doesn't matter here, at least for me. But I don't have much facilities like you people have (60 mbps and all). Maximum speed here we get is 2 mbps for a middle class family. Although more speeds are available but maximum is 15 mbps, wireless, and that too very very costly.
Like, 15 mbps, wireless, costs around $30 a month and that too no usage. They charge 2 cents per MB. This is a shitty condition here.

In developed countries, its possible. Here, people don't even know how to use dial-up modem and broadband is like no-no word for them.

Here, government provides $4 a month for a 256 kbps line and 200 MB usage, this is a basic plan. But download speed about 15-30 mbps is highly impossible in my country.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:Its about where you live
yeup...if I would live 2 streets away I could get a 16Mb connection from my provider, but in this street 2Mb is the max.... ](*,)