Please help a big n00b

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Megan00b

Please help a big n00b

Post by Megan00b »

Okay lets start:
I have windows Xp
1gb Ram (lol)
and other Shit like that

I have downloaded a Trojan called Yuri rat V1.2 but when i try to start it says something like: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I really need help, i myself live in Europe so sorry if i wrote something wrong (English isnt my motherlanguage).
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Are you on an administrator account?

I once had a program (still do) called shit talker, it generates words into audio from whatever is typed in a box... Anyway, the directory it was in was called "shit talker 1.2" and i had trouble running the program, so i renamed the directory "shittalker" and the program ran.

By the way, your english and grammar are great.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Megan00b

Thankz

Post by Megan00b »

Thanx, it works ! :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Welcome.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

screen names are personal

Post by DNR »

mega-n00b, I might suggest you pick a screen name that you can grow into. Your interest in computers and clear communication shows some promise of a decent hacker, so you will not be a mega-n00b for too long :wink:

Screen names are personal, they can be their definition of themselves, and it should always be positive (who needs some gloom and doom, sick stuff )*

* although some might think that my screen name is gloomy, but its in jest.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Actually DNR, on phpbb forums, i know that you can change a user's user name at any given time. I don't like letting the users know, though, because i don't take requests for nick changes.