WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage)

Problems? Post here...
KingMidas

WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage)

Post by KingMidas »

Hi,
Trying to install Service Packs to XP but having a pirate copy how do i get around WGA......
Cheers Guys

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Pretty risky for a first post... how bout an intro?

and welcome to Suck-O =)

KingMidas

Post by KingMidas »

Hi lilrofl,
Im a believer in if you want something .....go get it, and what i am asking has been bugging me for some time, came across Suck-O by
accident and thought what a great sight with access to many things
with like minded people so thought ....go for it.
Thanks for the response and welcome and hope if you can't help me
out this time in this world who knows .... maybe you can in the next.
Cheers...
KIngMidas

killswitch666

Post by killswitch666 »

try the search button on google
oh yeah welcome to Suck-O

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Introduce your self

Post by moudy »

as lilrof said, why don't you introduce your self ? :roll:
Any ways, welcome to our community, hope that you enjoy your stay, and find what you are searching for :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

service packs are overrated. at least SP2 will work without any problems, even on a "free" XP version, never seen an app that needed SP3 to run....so look for SP2 (in older computer mags for example if you have some, that's were I got mine from).
XP will not be more insecure if you don't use SP3, just make sure you use a decent AV/firewall....my system even ran with SP1 for a long time and it still would if some apps wouldn't run without SP2.

and please read the site rules, usually we don't touch questions about pirated stuff with a 10ft. pole.... :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

All is not lost, there is a way to do this without any patches. The idea is not to update through the Microsoft website but do it through automatic updates. Set the automatic updates to 'notify but don't download or install'. This will then give you the yellow shield on the bottom right of when notifications for updates are available. Once you click on the shield you will have some options of either express or custom.

Click on custom and check down till you get to the windows genuine advantage tool and un-tick the item. At the bottom there is also an option to not be notified of this update again. Tick this box also then carry on and install the remaining updates. Every now and again you will get a new notification for the wga tool as it gets updated etc so keep checking and installing other updates in the same way.

The only problem with this is it will not install any hardware updates so you will have to keep on top of them yourself. Drivermax used to be a pretty good tool to use but not used it in a while. Other than that just goto your mobo support website and check drivers for hardware from there.

Good luck and welcome to suck-o. :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

KingMidas

Post by KingMidas »

Hi computathug
bad_brain
moudy
killswitch666
Thank you all for your replies will check them all out ..... bad_brain i will try not to use any poles in future i'm a "Newbie" so please allow one to stumble without really falling, these protocols have to be learned and WE ALL are still learning.
Cheers guys....

" The persuit of power to an apprentice is far more rewarding than
power itself "
Richard Crossman

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

WTF! Who left this ten foot pole laying on the damn floor?!

I concur on the SP2 - if you read some of the technical mags (maximum PC) you can see some systems actually run better on XPsp2 than vista or win7! Also some older hacker tools work on XP, and not Vista. Netstumbler being one.

Welcome, yes, we do like people to be blunt - so expect the admins to be blunt too.

*fix your signature, good spelling means you'll be a good neo to teach coding to*

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

DNR wrote:Also some older hacker tools work on XP, and not Vista. Netstumbler being one.
Here's a solution to that one: Inssider.