Ideas for a game!

About your favorite games!
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Ideas for a game!

Post by Lyecdevf »

I played a lot Rise of Nations and Act of War a lot. I still like to play them but one thing that I miss in them is the ability to build cities. So I thought how nice it would be if there was a game that would in essence join Rise of Nations and Sim City. I think that would be a great game. So do you guys have any ideas for games?
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

full blow mmorpg XD. One day I wish to have my own team to build a game XD would be major epic awesomeness.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

2D MMORPG here ^^

My focus is on creating a dynamic environment. NPCs will work, get kids and die. The population of a city will depend on food/water supplies, which in turn will depend on the weather, trading etc.

Players will be able to create their own skills, using some kind of attuned stones. Different combinations will result in different skills. The stones will also be used for improving gear. Each stone will have a specific power lvl, and there will be power limitations depending on your lvl and/or other things. Hostile NPCs will have skills as well, and they'll use them intelligently **Inspired by Guild Wars**

As for PVP... At the very least there'll be duels and dynamic battlegrounds, which will run even without players there. Probably team and guild battles too, if I get players (lol! xD )

I'm not too sure about the storyline yet... What I do know is that players should have fun while playing it. I want them to laugh while playing it, so humorous quests and NPCs will be there.. xD

I'm also gonna write a game editor, to enable fast and easy creation of new content. Problems are graphics, especially character animation, and... uh... eventual server/bandwidth costs? xD

I expect it to be fully playable in 5-10 years :twisted:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I would do it 3d XD, not based upon leveling, but pure environmentally advancement.

all the resources needed are dynamicly priced, so if you dont sell mined iron to the blacksmith, his prices will rise.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

yep, seems like I forgot mentioning the trading system, it's like what you said except for that there'll also be merchants traveling between cities, exchanging goods.

And I prefer good-looking 2D graphics over bad-looking 3D graphics (which is the case unless you've got dedicated artists etc) xD

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I wish one could create a big cannon in the game Rise of Nations that would be similar to the Big Bertha cannon in WWII. That would be great. There are a lot of limitations in these sort of games including how far projectiles can fly.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Lyecdevf wrote:I wish one could create a big cannon in the game Rise of Nations that would be similar to the Big Bertha cannon in WWII. That would be great. There are a lot of limitations in these sort of games including how far projectiles can fly.
memory editing or debugging would fix this issue ;)