I just got 'jumped'

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

I just got 'jumped'

Post by Gogeta70 »

Heh... man. My friend and i (plus is sister, who's like 13) walked up to a gas station about 1.5 miles from my house, right. My friend is no fighter, he's a major stoner, beer drinker, and smoker. I'm the fittest one out of the three of us, only because i'm a wrestler. Anyway, while at the gas station, these 2 guys were staring at us strangely. These guys looked like trouble, all gangster looking and shit. Anyway, they left like a minute before us and met us on the way back to my house. They stopped my friends and i, but i was in back so i was the one surrounded by the 2, which is a good thing. They claimed that i was 'staring at them as they drove by' which is a horrible excuse to jump anyone either way, but still. 2 Doped up mother fuckers can do some damage to one guy and a bum ass stoner...

Well, the convo went like this:
Them: I saw you was staring at us all weird n' shit as we drive by.
Them: Was you tryin to be insultin'?!
Me: I don't remember staring at anyone driving by, but maybe i was just looking at someone across the road?
*act like they're gonna attack me*
Them: Are you scared of us?? Huh??
(this is where the social engineering comes in)
Me: Yeah, i can say a bit, yeah.
Them: So you is, huh..
Them: *fake punch*
Me: *jumps*
Them: Yeah, you is... heheh.
(i'd bought 3 energy drinks for my friends and i, a slimjim, and a candy bar for my mom(she asked me to) and i had about 6 bucks on me.)
Them: What's that in your pocket?
Me: A candy bar.
Them: Give me that.
Me: *gives*
Them: How much money you got???
Me: Just some change. *moves a little to prove it*
(wow, they didn't take it XD)
Them: *turn to my friend* What you gots??
Friend: Nothin, just a bag of ice and this drink
Them: *turn back to me* So why you be starin at us??
Me: Look, i didn't stare at you, but i'm sorry if i offended you in any way. I'm not here to cause any trouble, and i just need to get home.
Them: *look a bit sorry, actually*
Them: All right, but you better watch out next time, you don't be starin at people.
So they walk off (this all happened in a lady's back yard) and the lady yells at all 5 of us to get out of her yard. They run off and get into their car, and my friends had a wonderful idea to tell the lady what happened. (i don't like cops) So the lady called 911, but i left, my friends followed. His sister wouldn't stfu, every single car she'd be like "omg guys, they're back!!! *squeal*" I just told her to stfu and act normal. Then i'm just 3 blocks from my house and a cop pulls my friend and i over (he had a cigarette lit) And just asks us what's going on, and my buddy decides to give a whole half hour story, so i had to sit there and co-operate with the cops... *sigh*

Anyway, i got home about an hour late, but surprisingly, all my social engineering practice payed off. I wasn't nervous a single bit while with those guys, i knew how they'd respond to anything i said, etc. It's really cool knowing you have control when they think they do...

Anyway, what's a 99 cent candy bar?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Perfect

Post by maboroshi »

Well in my opinion you just did the perfect act of martial arts (not like martial arts in the traditional sense, but the martial arts on a higher lvl)

You are home safe and you did not have to kill in order to achieve this (as brutal as it sounds)

You Influenced there intentions using your mind and avoided conflict. Basically you pulled a bruce lee and practiced the art of fighting without fighting

When ever someone confronts me physically I go into it knowing full well someone could die being trained in combat for many years I know that if I can make it home safe and my friends and family can I have achieved what was nessaccary

Good Job Gogeta :)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Thanks. I forgot to mention he had a gun in his pocket...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

That's a bit of an important part of the story you left out lol.

Good job man.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Well

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Sounds like you did the right thing to me, too.

Picking fights with ppl for no reason is a sign of immaturity (believe me, I *know*).

I used to have a more Pantera-esque mentality concerning matters like these.
Nowadays, I think the only way I would fight a stranger is if my or my kids life depended on it.

For girls, they tell us shit like if someone is going to rob you/steal your purse whatever: GIVE it to them.

It is very cool you were able to diffuse the situation, esp if other ppl were at risk, too.
It is awesome you kept your wits about you.

Might I add:
Since you say they had a gun with them, if you see them again somewhere, casually (but quickly) walk to the nearest business/home and call the cops. Wait inside until they get there.
If they want to f*ck with you again, you may not get so lucky.
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

I forgot to mention..
Hide all of your bill money in your shoe.

lol my brother did and he got jumped..all they got was pocket change.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

fight or flight

Post by DNR »

The best defense is not to be there. I think you picked up warning signs in the gas stations, and encourage you to act on your instincts sooner.

You try to avoid ambushes or traps set up by your enemies, so you cannot be compromised and put in the postion of defending yourself.

Violence only begets violence, I was a part of that in my youth in gangs as well. Its all fun and games until someone gets a bullet in the body.

I once carried a converted 12gauge flaregun for protection, I sawed down 12gauge shells and repacked them with a buckshot/bb's combo for a wicked effect. That was when I was 15! lol.

Social engineering is not enough for dangerous situations like you were just in, sometimes there is no negotiation and no sense in it. They might have decided to take you all somewhere for sex and execution. How would you have refused to get into their car at gunpoint? Plan escape routes, alarms, and be ready to fight, at least at the hopes your friends would get away safely.

God be with you

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Re: fight or flight

Post by FrankB »

DNR wrote:They might have decided to take you all somewhere for sex and execution.
---> this is wot you need : http://tinyurl.com/onluj

:-)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what to hell is that? 8O

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, when they were staring at us in the gas station, my friend noticed more than i did. And when they left, i thought they really had just LEFT. Unfortunately, we saw them too late, and if we'd turned around to take another route, we woulda been jumped anyway.

And i was ready to fight if i had to, but it wouldn't have been good odds.

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

bad_brain wrote:what to hell is that? 8O

Recently, a South African inventor unveiled a new anti-rape female condom (worn like a tampon) that hooks onto an attacker’s penis and aims to cut one of the highest rates of sexual assault in the world. According to the inventor, Sonette Ehlers, “Nothing has ever been done to help a woman so that she does not get raped and I thought it was high time." The “rapex” hooks onto the rapist’s skin, allowing the victim time to escape and helping to identify perpetrators: “He will obviously be too pre-occupied at this stage. I promise you he is going to be too sore. He will go straight to hospital.”

The device, made of latex and held firm by shafts of sharp barbs, can only be removed from the man through surgery which will alert hospital staff, and ultimately, the police, Ehlers said. It also reduces the chances of a woman falling pregnant or contracting AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases from the attacker by acting in the same way as a female condom. Indeed, South Africa has more people with HIV/AIDS than any other country, with one in nine of its 45 million population infected.

Ehlers, who showed off a prototype on Wednesday, said women had tried it for comfort and it had been tested on a plastic male model but not yet on a live man. Production was planned to start next year. It is not surprising that the “rapex” has raised fears amongst anti-rape activists that it could escalate violence against women. “If a victim is wearing such a device it may enrage the attacker further and possibly result in more harm being caused,” said Sam Waterhouse, advocacy coordinator for Rape Crisis. Other critics say the condom is medieval and barbaric — an accusation Ehlers says should be directed rather at the act of rape. “This is not about vengeance ... but the deed, that is what I hate,” she said.
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I'd say the ultimate way to not get raped is obesity. "if you can't find it, you can't fuck it".

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

Ok well i had to reply to this one...
I dont know where u live or anything but thats pretty bad when they approach you while you have a girl in your group. Usually goons like that are scared of girls screaming all over the place and stuff like that.

I can tell u one thing bro, u got lucky. Morons like that do not understand what is "social engineering". If u act as a smart ass they will punch u in the face. The reason why they didnt, is that u were probably very confident. I had moments like that in my life. I would get stopped by older guys, and sometimes i was just so fed up cuz i dont even had any money, i would act so bold that they would back off.

Shit like that will probably happen agian if u live in a bad place, and older u get more serious it gets (i dont know how old you are now)

I only know of two ways to deal with that shit. The first one is dangerous, and u have to be ready to fight, u dont have to be ripped or anything u just gota be bold. Basicaclly u have to act first. If someone is staring at u, u gotta come up to them and ask whats the deal. most likely they wouldnt do anything in the gas station cuz there are way too many people there. But u know its a risk.

The other way is to act like u are one of them. Talk like them, act like them. Say stuff that will puzzle them. What i used to do with guys like that was the following: you know how they always talk about disrespect and shit? well as soon he says a curse word just fuc*en yell at him "wtf did u just say???!! i am all being cool and talking to you like one respectable person with another and u use these kind of words when u talk to me?" Stuff like that works for me.

However, if you are talking about mexican ganstas with guns and shit then u dont wanna do the above. call 911 and move away as soon as possible. Stuff that i described above works against guys who are like 16-20 and dont belong to any gangs. But remeber unless they put a knife or a gun to your head dont give them any money. If they ask you to search you, then say go ahead but if you dont find anything then i will fuck you up. If he proceeds to do that kick him in the face, hard. If u dont wanna fight 5 guys alone, then RUN AWAY. Maybe i act tuff, but i am not stupid enough to fight 5 guys. Btw if you ever get surrounded by more then one guy, DO NOT talk to them al at once. Be like, who am i talking to here? and then pick the guy who looks like the leader of the group and be like "lets step aside and have a talk", he shouldnt refuse if he is the leader. If you talk to all of them they will overshout you and will find a reason to puch u in the face.

Sorry guys i have much more violent solutions. I know there is a lot of stuff that is morally wrong with this kind of approach. But peace never worked for me, so i have to be the mean one.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I actually don't live in a bad part of town, but there are 2 major gangs in my town, just not in my area. These guys didn't seem like they were in a gang, it just seemed like they were trying to impress someone, and they didn't necessarily SEEM as stupid as they talked, because he understood everything i said the first time. The guy seemed like a bit of a 'beginner,' you could say. That's the first time i've had an encounter like that in my own area... it's strange.

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

Uff... sometimes I'm glad that I live in a better area in Germany. To be true I have never seen any guys running around with guns ... Near my city is another city which is know as "the bad place". I don't go there if I don't need to, but the worsed thing if seen there were some guys with knifes at their belt. Maybe I'm just lucky. ^^

Is it really so bad in America? With gang and everyone running aroung with guns? Guys jumping you at stations ? I allways thought that only Hollywood pushed it up from "some gangs" to "big gangs at every city".
:?:

Oh an tip: If guys ask why you were staring at them. Just answer: Oh sry. I though you were a friend of mine, but wasn't sure. I must have confounded you. Sry.