CPU Usage and Physical memory at 100 % WtF !!

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

CPU Usage and Physical memory at 100 % WtF !!

Post by DrVirus »

Hey Guys I seem to have a problem with my laptop. See the thing is recently I can't do more than one work at once. To be more specific when I'm downloading a big amount of data (more than a 100 mbs) it seems I can't do anything else. Not even use my web browsers. If I do the whole process becomes extremly slow and gets stuck soon enough.

At first I thought it was a virus or something like that eating huge amount of CPU usage. So I did a lot of clean up. Turns out I was infected with conflicker. But after it was cleaned up and several updated virus/malware/spyware scans revealed that nothing more was wrong with the computer, the problem still persisted.

I checked out my taskmanager and it seems at times both my CPU and Physical Memory usage is reaching 100% for no apparent reason. One more thing, when ever it gets completely stuck I tried hitting buttons like Caps lock or num lock and some times the light doesn't come up. Which I believe suggests that problem isn't software related.

Anyone has any idea about what the hell is going on ? Then do enlighten me. Hope my lappy isn't dying.

DrV

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Process Explorer will tell you what process is chewing up all that CPU, what is it?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.