rapidshare

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

rapidshare

Post by Kirk »

dont have a lot of experience using rapidshare. can i get a run down on how to use it?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I hate their gimmick - you sit and wait until a timer clicks off a minute or so - if you are NOT a pay customer. Pay customers can DL unlimited amounts per month and not have to wait for a timer.

Rapidshare is free, 200mb file size limit - it has no search feature - users have to link to the file to share it. It stores for 90 days if no one uses it.
You get 1 point every time a third party DLs your file - but you need premium points - and you get that by spamming your friends to join as a pay member. Get a nice camera with 70,000 premium points (lose six friends because you spammed them).

Are there other FTP host out there? sure.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I prefer MediaFire over RapidShare, mainly because of these:
Unlimited Uploads
Unlimited Downloads
Unlimited Storage
No Speed Limits

I'm not sure about the last 2. It always downloads with max speed here and I never really uploaded anything large so I can't tell about the unlimited storage. But I'm pretty sure it beats rapidshare, at least for me.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I have a Rapidshare premium account since 2 years already, earlier they just limited the amount you can download with a free account (was easy to evade when having a dynamic IP as I do), but then they began to limit the bandwidth for free users too.

the usage is pretty easy, once you have logged in to your premium account and got the cookie every file stored on RS can be downloaded instantly without a bandwidth limit. there is no limit how much you download per day, but every day you just get +5 GB new bandwidth (the max. you can collect is 15 GB I think, but there is also "traffic share" bandwidth you can additionally use).

there might be better/cheaper file hosts, but RS is still one of the most used file storage, so you can find almost anything there...the only competitor is maybe uploaded.to at the moment.

of course you can also automate downloads (when you have to download a big file that is split into 40 parts for example) by using JDownloader or Cryptload, many uploaders use link services that provide .dlv, .ccf, .rsdf files so you simply open the file with your download manager and all links to the files are loaded at once.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

u should check out the firefox add-on: skipscreen.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

what is skipscreen?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11243

but hmm...I doubt it will evade the waiting times if you use a free account.. :-k

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I know if a neat ff addon that bypasses the megavideo limit, bypasses veoh commercials, bypasses rapidshare's free download limit (not the timer), and bypasses megauploads timer.

It's called illimitux. You should check it out ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Well, Kirk, and to all the members, I am going some unethical way... but that cud b d solution :P
If u r not a premium member, and if u want to have a premium acc so that u can download wid greater speed, then i suggest u 2 make use of stealers/RAT's. If u r lucky, u even get MU lifetime acc.

U just start wid 3-4 posts, n uill get around 10-15 premium accs. Sorry again. This is bull-shit. but one possibility over paying for RS premium acc.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Dude, i'm sorry to say this but your spelling is horrible. Please take some time to use (at least mostly) proper grammar and spelling.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...