saving with Password

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Dltr
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

saving with Password

Post by Dltr »

hi fellows..

As i tried to save an .odt File , i became the usual Folder asking me about the name of the file and where to save and the files type etc AND to [ SAVE THE FILE WITH PASSWORD OR NOT] .
Now ... after that i downloaded a pdf. file from the Internet but this time no Question about saving the File with Password!!! so i save it normally and tried to change some Details in the .pdf File and save it again aiming to be asked one more time if i want to save with Password but unfortunately the Question didn't appear again !!..
how come !! and what should i do to save .pdf Files with password or be asked automatically about Password-saving ?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if the original document has no password set you can't simply add one by editing and saving it as original document again....you will need to save it as new document... :wink:

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

if the original document has no password set you can't simply add one by editing and saving it as original document again
The Problem is that there is no other Way to download this .pdf File but the internet ,and when i download it from Internet I am asked either to open it with a recommended Program or to save(no Password saving) it!!
So i tried to download it from the Internet on my Desktop and then tried to open it with Open Office , but no chance , still having the same Problem !