ah i love it when things go this smooth

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Xonet

ah i love it when things go this smooth

Post by Xonet »

so heres the story:

Before my gf went away for a few weeks i promised id look at a friend of her's notebook to fix it. Today i went there and got the notebook (oh damn why did i say id bring it back tomorrow, i wanna play with this beauty a few days longer :cry: ) so i get home, turn it on and yes indeed something's wrong. When i log in i can only see the wallpaper no icons no taskbar nothing, explorer is at 100%cpu usage and all this other things that make it impossible to do anything on the box, the mouse seems to do random things untill i understand left and right buttons are switched :D . My job was to format and install windows again, thereby losing all personal files. Before i go any further id like to tell you how much i hate it when ppl just say "oh ill just format and install windows again" when something's wrong with there pc, A LOT. Then the standart ctrl alt delete, and it shows no weird processes, using my inverted mouse skills i open a new task, yes indeed, the kaspersky installer on my usb stick. As soon as i restart after the install i can acces everything normally but what do i see? Norton is installed 8O , ok we all know norton is crap but how can it be that norton is installed and it allows a virus to do these things before taking action? So i dont hear anything from norton as if its sleeping and doesnt wakeup by all the action going on, i scan with kaspersky and it finds 3983 infected files, suddenly in the middle of the scan,norton pops up "hey guess what i found this virus and i deleted it for you" :roll: .

Moral of the story, it is yet again proven, norton sucks, really it does, 3983 infected files and nothing is done by norton to prevent this :?
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, i used norton for a short while, but every time i tried to uninstall it, it froze up my computer... had to go into safe mode just to get rid of the fucker.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I still use Norton... :oops:
I remember when I wanted to force Maboroshi to finally add a header graphics to his site because the empty space looked unprofessional.....he asked "don´t you like the actual one?"..... the site HAD a header, but Norton was blocking it for some weird reason... :lol: