Any one know how to do this?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
BlackSun

Any one know how to do this?

Post by BlackSun »

Ok, so about 8 or 9 years ago when I decided I wanted to be a ‘hacker’ when I grow up I was watching a show on the discovery channel. It was when wireless was getting popular and some guy ‘top good hacker in the US’ was hosting it to show you why you shouldn’t be a dumb ass. This may not have been 8 or 9 years ago, may have been 4 or 5 I really cant remember but that’s what Im guessing. Any way, the guy was first driving around in a corvette wardriving down wall street. He showed you how many unencrypted access points he found. Then he turned his attention to some park that offered a ‘free wifi hotspot’ When he walked into the park he seen a guy sitting at a table browsing the internet. First he got his IP address, ok nothing amazing, simple enough. He then some how knew who the guy was by looking at his screen and seeing what he was doing and from there I could only assume using some kind of packet sniffer. After all of this he started to laugh and said lets see what this guy will do. So just by getting his IP via wireless he some how sent him either a virus or a Trojan, I don’t remember. Any way when the guy clicked it the hacker said, “I have him now, this is the fun part!” He then started talking about a program he had made for fun to use in instances like this. He either launched this from the Trojan or when the guy clicked whatever it was he sent him (if not a Trojan) it launched and it was a fake ‘screen saver’ that looked like a little pac-man was eating his screen. The hacker then walked over to guy and explained to him what had just happened and how he could stop it in the future. I could care less about the pac-man shit I was just curious if any of you know how to send people files over wireless? I would assume its some kind of IE pop up or some thing of that nature that launches a hidden file from a website or a hidden file in the packet when its clicked. Is this done by using some kind of packet injector or can you send custom packets to people once you know their header? This has kind of been in the back of my mind for some time now and I finally remembered it again and figured I would ask some one. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

well if you seen this done a few years ago, whatever he had done may be outdated and unsable....i dunno, im not an expert on wifi...

but try this

http://www.802.11mercenary.net/lorcon/

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

how do they do it on tv with out special effects?

Post by DNR »

Well, since there are several versions of this 'tv show'. Here goes;

If you are a part of a workgroup or intranet, I suppose you could do 'net send' to send a dialog box to prompt the victim to download a file from your computer. This could even be a Yahoo Instant Messenger IM replay attack.

Another attack is to convert your laptop in to a rogue AP, where people log in to your computer rather than the legitimate AP. Many laptops will just connect to the strongest AP, and that will be you cuz you are sitting at the next table. You can now sniff their traffic and filter out keywords like usr/pwd or AMEX VISA MC #.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.