Firefox is getting bloated.

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Firefox is getting bloated.

Post by Stavros »

Now, I know Windows Task Manager isn't the most "accurate" tool for memory usage, but I've noticed FireFox using more and more memory. It was at 49,xxx Mem Usage and now its at 59,820 Mem Usage. This is rediculous. It has to be a memory leak.

I'm about to dump Firefox for another alternative browser. I was thinking Opera, but last I checked it had memory leakage problems.

So, can anyone recommend me an alternative for the alternative?

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

eh..mine's using 124,208k right now.
(1 window, 3 tabs)

It's not such a big deal. You just need to close firefox sometimes. I mean..even if you leave it open doing nothing overnight, it'll start adding up. It's a mystery why.(maybe they're using your memory power to help their systems run fast lmao :P)

A friend of mine used Opera before, he seemed to really like it. I've also heard of Konqueror(sp?) being a "not-too-bad" replacement, as well.

Later.

Just don't go back to IE. ;)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Firefox has had memory problems for the longest of times. Just restart your browser, and it'll go back to normal memory.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

i thought there might be a solution on the net for this so i googled and found this http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-blo ... 7586/posts hope it helps
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

MickeyR

Post by MickeyR »

Not really a memory problem, just the way they cache your last few pages. That's why when you hit the back button it's so fast :p

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Necrix wrote:eh..mine's using 124,208k right now.
(1 window, 3 tabs)

It's not such a big deal. You just need to close firefox sometimes. I mean..even if you leave it open doing nothing overnight, it'll start adding up. It's a mystery why.(maybe they're using your memory power to help their systems run fast lmao :P)

A friend of mine used Opera before, he seemed to really like it. I've also heard of Konqueror(sp?) being a "not-too-bad" replacement, as well.

Later.

Just don't go back to IE. ;)
The only time it irritates is is for browser-based MMORPG's :)

Personally, I swear by Opera, but look for older versions.

Konquerer I still enjoy, if you can look past pages not displaying properly (even if you change your browser's ID).

Mozilla is the best for viewing pages properly without the security BS IE gives.
You can always try Opera (it is operawrapper that gives trouble).
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I still use Firefox 1.0.8, 1.5 is too bloated already. at the moment I´m testing K-Meleon, it´s a very lightweight browser which also uses the gecko engine like Firefox...I can´t say anything bad about it yet, so if you want to try:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/
:wink:

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

heheh i still use IE and am very happy with it...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

IE 7.0

Post by DNR »

IE 7.0 since it was beta. It can move slow too - I have hit 189.999 with two tabs open, it averages 50,000's though.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Even i face same problem with firefox, guess its time to change the browser

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Firefox does get bloated on me, however i have 768mb RAM here(i upgraded), so it doesn't mess me up much. I also can always just exit firefox and re-open it at a time that's good for me(watching funny vids or something), so it's not that big of a deal.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...