Earned in Blood

About your favorite games!
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Earned in Blood

Post by isapiens »

Does anyone play Brothers in Arms:Earned in Blood? did anyone finish it on authentic?
If you never heard of the game you should get it if you are into war games. its very realistic, much better then COD2
Last edited by isapiens on 07 Aug 2006, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

better late than never....hehe... :lol:
well, I play "Road to hill 30", usually I don´t like this kind of games, I prefer egoshooters with some kind of fantasy story like Far Cry for example.
but well, the game came with my new graphics card so I tried it....after the prolog you´re thrown into the middle of a battle and I was kinda shocked because it's THAT realistic... 8O
but I´m far away from making it in authentic level.... :?

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

YE finally !!! lol b_brain u my man. Ye it takes a while to get to that level. Honestly its not even necessary to beat the game on authentic, cuz its the same en enemy hardness just without any saves. Plus u dont unlock any cool extras, just cheat codes, but at least i dont need them. The only reason why i beat it on authentic cuz i was bored.

if u like hill 30, u should definetly get earned in blood. Its so much better, plus u play for that guy "Red". And its totally different setup:instead of fields and hedgerows u get close quarter combat + more mortars and tanks. sweeeet.

There is a third one comming out, but my computer wont handle it. U need one of those new generation video cards i suppose.

PM if u are stuck on any level and need a tip. or u could check out their forums, they got info there too.

Have fun

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

just remebered u are german, do u feel wierd killing germans? just curious.
I never had a problem playing for both sides in Call of Duty multiplyer, but i dont know if i would wanna play a single player for germans.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

It's not so much "killing" another german, than killing a digital dummy in the likeness of another German.

I don't see why it would be a problem unless one is waaay too uptight about everything.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Neh.. i aint uptight. Its probably cuz i never had a game where i played for the german side, u know. Its always US or Russia. If u do create a game as realistic as BIA but as a german side, i bet a lot of people would get pissed. They have to incorporate some message in the game, like nazism is bad, like we didnt know that...
From what i heard the official german version of Medal of Honour (before call of duty) had the swasticas removed out of the game.
I am just putting it out there, wanted to see your opinions :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

umm...well, I see it pretty like Stavros, it´s just a bunch of pixels and not a german... :lol: btw, swastikas are forbidden symbols in germany, so all of them are removed in any game, which is kinda hypocrit because on TV almost every day a stupid history show about 3rd Reich is on which is usually filled with swastikas ("Hitler's helpers"..."Hitler and women"..."Hitler's last days"...duh, it´s so ridiculous).

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

lol at least they didnt name it "hitler's little helpers"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I will check out "Road to hill 30" :wink: I play a lot of these kinds of games. Hitman is a favorite, I can be stealthy or just walk in the door blazing away. I really liked SWAT3. As an actual shooter (544 out of 600 in Pistol Combat Matches) I can tell you that the game can teach and sharpen shooting skills. You might not go through the physical mechanics (thats why videogamers are _not_ good actual shooters, yet), but you go through the mental mechanics of shooting and fighting. Searching for a target, gettting a sight picture, learning windage and leading, shooting, reloading, and hiding, and even desensitifying the shooter to gore effects of gunshots. Why not, the military and police allows 'training' by simulators - wall-sized, operator controlled scenarios, with actual guns to target your video badguys.

Is this bad? Well, you would hope the gamer has a balanced personality.
Otherwise it is not impossible for a actual shooting spree for the occasional nutcase.

Do I notice uniforms and similarities of actual events? There was a wargame that played in somalia, and I did take extra delight in wasting the 'sammies'.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.