usb harddrive

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

usb harddrive

Post by n3rd »

well my little sister bought a usb 2.0 300g mobile hdd, but if I plug the thing in to the computer, it says that the hardware was found, but it does not put a new station in my computer.

does ne 1 know what is going on?.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Station? I'm assuming you mean it doesn't show that you have another hard drive connected to your computer. Well, since it's external, it may need drivers, but this is just a guess. Another rare thing could be that if the computer is custom built, the guy that built it didn't install the usb drivers properly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Re: usb harddrive

Post by pseudo_opcode »

n3rd wrote:well my little sister bought a usb 2.0 300g mobile hdd, but if I plug the thing in to the computer, it says that the hardware was found, but it does not put a new station in my computer.

does ne 1 know what is going on?.
No it doesnt need any device driver(atleast in 99% of the cases) make sure your usb controller drivers are up to date and installed and working fine,
Since it identifies the device make sure your motherboard supports usb 2.0 ports

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

usb 2.0

Post by DNR »

check out this link for background on usb 2.0 and links to install.
usb.org/developers/usb20/

intel.com/technology/usb/

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.