What to do with ip??

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

What to do with ip??

Post by eggplan21 »

I currently received a personal ip but am not networked with that computer so im not realy sure what i can do with the ip can someone tell me what to do with this thing...thanks

pjrocks

Post by pjrocks »

Normally: Nothing

It was probably just some skiddy, portscanning random ip's. Unless you are running a wireless network. If that is the case; only allow the computers that you owne to be a part of your network.

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

no you see i went on the pc and got the ip myself i was wondering if theres nething i can do with it

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

sure theres a variety of things you can do with someones IP, given the right programs running you could access their computer or even flood their ports

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

Oh great!!!! could anyone guide me toward the right programs??

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Well, the point is: Is it a static IP adress? If it´s not a server it´s mostly a dynamic one, which means everytime the target connects to the net he gets a new IP by his ISP. Gather information about the IP first before you do something, keeps you away from trouble: http://www.centralops.net
If you really want to try flooding, you´ll find some stuff here:
http://www.library.2ya.com , but I explicitly warn you to use such lame programs, flooding not just affects the target, it affects the server he uses to connect to the net too, and flooding is labeled as a denial of service-attack, which is a crime (and it will be no problem to get you, your IP will be logged). Think about it first.... :wink: