css background

All about creating websites!
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

css background

Post by isapiens »

just a quick question about css.
I have created a simple site using css, so no html tables. I used <div> to create menu area, header, footer and etc... the usuall stuff.

Then i created an image in photoshop wich is a bit darker then the color of the website, so i wanna put it up as a background. Am i supposed to use the z-index or smth.. i am not quite getting it.

I actually have another problem too. The image that i created just looks like flames (they are filled with gradient gray). But it also has a background color.
Now how do i get rid of the background and just leave the flames, so that background wont overlap with the entier website when i put it up.

I am probably not really clear at what i am saying. let me know if u are not getting it so i can try to explain my problem again.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, for the css you would do this:

body
{
background-image:url('image.jpg');
}

And for the flames image back ground, you'll have to delete the background and make it transparent.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

ok got it, tx. I just realized i should have posted it in web development thread.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

You're welcome. :)

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Re: css background

Post by LaBlueGirl »

isapiens wrote:
<snip>
Then i created an image in photoshop wich is a bit darker then the color of the website, so i wanna put it up as a background. Am i supposed to use the z-index or smth.. i am not quite getting it.
This may help:
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/60934

I've never heard of 'smth' so I can't comment on it...
isapiens wrote: I actually have another problem too. The image that i created just looks like flames (they are filled with gradient gray). But it also has a background color.
Now how do i get rid of the background and just leave the flames, so that background wont overlap with the entier website when i put it up.

I am probably not really clear at what i am saying. let me know if u are not getting it so i can try to explain my problem again.
I can give a possible solution, but there are others here more knowledgeable in this field:)
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

lol 'smth' stands for something, which means i am not sure what to call it.
From what i understand layouts can be kind of confusing in css.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I prefer CSS over tables, Tables can be more confusing because of all the HTML code.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...