suggestions? help?

All about creating websites!
Xonet

suggestions? help?

Post by Xonet »

Well i've got a little problem atm and i would appreciate if anyone could help me or link me to a site where i can learn the thing i'll tell you now.

I'm making a site for a good friend, but there's one thing i would like to add but never done cuz i don't know how to. There should be a page were you can look at fotoalbums with the possibility to log in, create a new album, upload pictures and organize the album. Kinda hard for me but i thought maybe anyone of you knows where i can learn such things.

thanks anyway,
Xonet

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Hey Xonet... :wink:
Hm, for creating such interactive sites you need skills in JavaScript IMO.
Ok, it could be done in almost any programming language, but JavaScript is mainly designed for stuff like that and it´s pretty easy to learn if you don´t know it yet.
Look here for some scripts:
http://www.hotscripts.com
http://www.javaboutique.com

If you need some help with JavaScript or Java let me know, both are some of the main languages of my studies (besides XML and HTML)....

There is a second option, you could use a CMS (Content Management System):
http://www.phpnuke.org for example,
but then your friend would need the possibilty to establish a database on his webspace. CMSs are very comfortable, but you need PHP-skills if you want to do bigger changes.

Oh,and there is even a third option:
The site of my mate Andiroo is a site where you can upload pics for example, I´ll grab him next time I see him on MSN, but you can simply click his banner on the startpage and contact him on his site, he´s a nice guy and will surely give you some tips about how he has done his site... :wink:
Last edited by bad_brain on 23 Jun 2005, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

Thanks a lot man, gonna start learning javascript if i get some time, i'll let you know if it worked :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Oops...wait a minute... :oops:
To store the pics and the user data a database is needed anyway, so it couldn´t be done alone with JavaScript.
So for the technical stuff PHP would be the best (you can find PHP scripts too on hotscripts.com) and JavaScript for the presentation.... :wink:

Andiroo

Hmm

Post by Andiroo »

I recommend you just download a gallery for the site coding it will take ALONG time, but if your quest is to learn then goto www.php.net

I recommend the following gallery:
coppermine.sourceforge.net

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

hehe, this seems to be a lot of hard stuff, i'll learn how to do it but it'll take me a long time :?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

You can find some PHP- and Java/JavaScript-tutorials in dl-section...

But it would be no shame to use a ready-made gallery before you have the time/skills to code one for for yourself, 99% on the net is a copy&paste-thing anyway... :wink: