My Review of the Nook Wifi

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

My Review of the Nook Wifi

Post by maboroshi »

The Nook wifi comes together at an affordable price, it has a really well designed plastic case decent sized screen, colour navigation and 8 gigs of storage. I bought a 2 gigabyte micro sd card but putting it in was a bit of a hassle. However over all this piece of hardware is one of the better purchases I made this year.

The Nook supports PDFs and epub and a few other formats, it uses a modified Android OS which is reasonably fast. While the formatting of PDFs is rather unimpressive it does the job. epub books fit nicely and can be resized to your eyes.

The Nook colour I never purchased but from what I can tell its even better than the Nook wifi. but the Nook colour is 249 US and the Nook wifi is 149 US.

Conclusion: I am very happy with my Nook!

Hope you enjoyed

*cheers

Maboroshi

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: My Review of the Nook Wifi

Post by lilrofl »

I'm glad it's living up to your expectations, the kindle is also bad with PDFs so don't let that bother you... and android is pretty sweet (especially if you like java :D)

Does the nook have a backlit display, or is it some sort of epaper?
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I also want an ebook reader, mab told me the nook isn't available outside of north america, so my candidate is the Acer LumiRead... :-k

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

the Nook uses an epaper style so its not hard on the eyes

*cheers

lykos
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lykos »

I own an amazon kindle myself. I really like the fact that it uses the digital ink/e-paper technology. It really is like reading off of paper. The kindle also supports pdf's which is good for all of the torrented security and tech books that i have :) The really cool thing about e-readers that use digital ink is how long the battery lasts due to the fact that the only time it uses energy is to rearrange the screen. My kindles battery will last for up to two weeks with heavy usage.

~[lykos]~

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

yeah batter life on ereaders is great... don't go out of town and leave the wifi on though, kindle turns into a maaaagical brick :D I can assume it's the same with the others as well.

sigh*

That reminds me, I need to send my kindle in for a new battery :D
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The thing I will miss with all the e-books.

Remember all those old movies, the rich people - they would sit in their dens or smoking rooms, and the walls would be lined with books from floor to ceiling, some even having to use a ladder to reach for a book.

The people were 'rich', because they could point at all those books and say "yea, I read all those." The truely rich people actually did read all those books. (its not so hard, how many books have you read in your lifetime?)

After you die, some people could browse your library of books and writings, to learn about you. With disappearing emails, e-books - you will die leaving no real trace of your life, what you read, what you thought. What will be evidence of your life? your bills, government and marketing records on your activities, and all those ratty assed clothes laying on your bedroom floor.

Sucks eh?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

@DNR

Thats why I collect coins, not the most intersting past time, but when im gone they will be their still *thumb*