joomla vs wordpress

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

joomla vs wordpress

Post by l0ngb1t »

security wise, witch one is better joomla or wordpess.
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: joomla vs wordpress

Post by bad_brain »

hard to compare, because it always depends on the additional plugins you use.....if you look only at the core both are very secure. Joomla looks like being more insecure because compared to Wordpress patches are more often released, but this is only because Joomla has much more features by default...and therefore much more (potentially vulnerable) code.

depending on your needs you can live well with both (as long as you chose the additional plugins well), the only downside of Joomla is that it needs more resources than Wordpress.

:wink:

P.S. if you decide to go for Joomla I recommend to still get the 1.5 branch for now, at least if you want to use many additional features, because the plugin support for Joomla 1.6 is not that good yet...but that will definitely change in the next few months.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

M using Wordpress myself and m happy with it. Resources requirement are not that much and they came out with a new version like almost a week ago. Don't remember the date but yeah it good. Good and many free templates and awesome plugins. If you are good with managing them properly the blog won't even be heavy and will run smooth. For like almost a year I have not had any security issues and thus m happy.

No ideas abt Joomla :P so can't say.

Njoy...!
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

what abt integrating phpBB with wordpress, i have find OnePress any ideas about it or any try it...
i need a blog with a forum... something similar to suck-o .
news page + forum + photogallery and stuff like that...
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

suck-o I think is a complete script and is diff from WP as far as I think :-s I don't know abt it. But when you say you need a forum with a blog and stuff well my friend it is possible with phpbb but you'll have to code if yourself I think so. The better option will be going for VBulletin instead.

http://files.vbulletin.com/images/cart/ ... S_home.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the link that shows almost default template. Mind it not using a nulled one they are illegal and hosting company might create problems. The thing in here is that you'll again have to edit it yourself as per your needs but this one is less code and more simple clicks away ;) I have used both for like 2 year or so, so anything abt them I am here.

Secondly as far as I know wp wont allow forum type registering and stuff my friend like suck-o does ;) leave wordpress. Go for Vbulletin or Phpbb instead.
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

suck-o is phpbb as forum bridged to joomla as main site... :wink:
I never did forum integration into Wordpress, so I don't know how well it works (on Joomla it works well as you can see, but it's no picknick to set up).
:wink:

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

B_B i wonder what u used for the bridging between joomla and phpBB, is it Jfusion ?