Shop lifting guide

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

dude, I put them in jail, so yea THEY tried it, I DEBUNKED it :lol:

The bag had several layers of foil, it was a large canvas shopping bag. The problem is the force field of the sensormatic is too strong - supposedly enough to mess with a cardiac pacemaker.

As for your wallet, the are meant to prevent ESD or magnetic pads (on the cashier counter) from messing with the strip on the CCs. The store shoplift prevention system is a RF rather than a magnetic source.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

skip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by skip »

Knowin is half the battle.
-G.I. joe

Awesome thread DNR. :D
Image Image Image

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Re: Shop lifting guide

Post by Polynomial »

I find distraction is the best method. Top way to distract security staff is to have one person pretend to shoplift in a reasonably blatant manner, whilst the other sneaks an expensive item out of the store.

A sneakier thing to do is look outside the store for dropped receipts that contain any single item worth stealing. Just walk in and lift that exact item, remove any tags, then walk out. Hopefully nobody will stop you, but at least if they do you have the receipt and you may be able to talk your way out of it. If you want cash instead of the item, you can then go to another branch of the same store and return it hassle-free.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

foil wont work - I personally caught people using foil. you are better off using a nail or icepick to damge the sensor tag.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

trickb0x
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by trickb0x »

As a number one rule: If you are caught, RUN! If you were actually shoplifting, the evidence and testimony is already very against you so you can at least try and book it. At most stores, they won't pursue and you'll probably outrun the person even if they do. Use the element of surprise to your advantage, pretend to cooperate and go towards the office. There's no reason not to run and every reason to do so. I have seen around a dozen people get shoplifting charges because they were stupid and just voluntarily waited for the cops to show up.

It's also helpful to shoplift in groups. This gives the guards more targets to chase and track, confusing them and giving you the upper hand. If you have a plan before hand, you're in even better shape.

In most states (I only say this because I imagine there must be one where this isn't true), security guards have no legal authority to detain you. Doing so would be false arrest, a felony which you can go to jail for a long time for or get sued for. Of course, a prosecutor would never charge a rent-a-cop but I digress. Most people stupidly give the guards consent to detain them by walking with them, cooperating, etc.

If you say "don't touch me" and the guard does, they've just committed misdemeanor assault. They can't chase you off the property and drag you back. If they do, that's assault and maybe even kidnapping.

It's a common tactic of large chain stores to, after you've been charged, send you a letter with a "fine". Only the court can fine you, Safeway can't. Some areas have laws that allow the store to recovery money from shoplifters through small claims suits but you should at least make them spend the money, planning, etc filing suit against you.

All bets are off if you're shoplifting felony amounts of items. Much of the advice in this thread could also be applied to doing dine-and-dashes except california where they are a felony (so don't try it).

All that being said, don't do anything illegal with the information contained in this post. If you do, it's your fault.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

LOL if this post had a facebook "Like" button, i'd click it everytime i see it! LOL nice thread DNR hahaha

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:twisted: thanks Pong!

TrickB0x - as far as the security guards chasing you and draggin you back - you are right to a point.
Sears - will chase you and drag you back. While Best Buy - they can only pursue you as far as those yellow posts outside the front door.
Most stores have the policy of "no touch" - you are right - if you said" fuck off and run" you might get away. For some reason - guards sometimes break this "no touch" rule - especially if you reached a felony level of theft - ie $200, or $500.
So - it helps to ask around about a particular store's policy on chase and apprehension.

Its true - work in a crew - but better yet - have one crew LOOK like they are stealing, so the guards watch them in ancipation of an apprehension. While the REAL crew actually steals. Guard stops fake crew, time wasted.

Skip the front door - security will be waiting for you there - go out a emergency exit.

Have a friend outside to observe for police, many times crooks run right out the front door into the waiting arms of the coppers.

Best Buy and some stores will still accept returns with no receipt - this is why shoplifting is still profitable.

DNR
-