Karate e-book

...let us know what you think, free speech!
zak
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Karate e-book

Post by zak »

I need a Karate e-book, I tired google it gave no help. 8O

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: Karate e-book

Post by lilrofl »

a lot of people say 'karate' when they mean 'martial arts' so I think it's worth asking, do you truly want an ebook on karate, or are you interested in learning a martial art... because they aren't the same thing.

I've studied martial arts for 20+ years now, and I've come to the conclusion that there are many arts for many people... or maybe, over the years I've found that different arts play to different strengths, and different people capitalize on different strengths. For example... i am far too tall for jeet kune do, but I think only someone of my height who has studied jeet kune do could understand what I'm saying.

I'll look, I know I have some karate books around, and if that's what you are looking for I'll see what I can do, on the other hand if you are trying to find an art that plays to your strengths... then you are looking for a longer discussion.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

zak
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by zak »

lilrofl wrote:I'll look, I know I have some karate books around, and if that's what you are looking for I'll see what I can do,.
yes I would like a good karate e-book form you lilrofl, thank you.

intern3t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by intern3t »

Rule #whatever:
Don't post links to copyrighted material.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

copyright material can be posted, credit given to the right author.

Check the DNR's Suggested reading thread
posted gogeta's "Combatives".

There are so many aspects to the fighting arts, different styles, different tactics or weapons, its hard to define a book or thought. The goal is to be a well rounded warrior - hand to hand, weapons, and certainly fit to use. You will have to apply actual hands-on practise to legitimately consider yourself training. Mental visualization is only a part of training.
Reading the latest firearm thread, I can see not all countries have firearm laws to allow citizens to possess them. Not everyone on suck-o is a combat vet. You utilize what you have around you, even a can of wasp spray (you know, for flying wasp and bees) - they can shoot a blinding jet of chemical up to 15 feet. You can make homemade flashbang grenades (oh, thats another thread eh?), trip wires, or even a automotive security system rigged in the home.
Self defense is more than just fighting arts and weapons, it is about situational awareness and tactical everyday behavior. Its about being a hard target.

No better friend, No worst enemy.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.