Macbook Memory Problem

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Macbook Memory Problem

Post by waringers »

Okay, so Ever since I bought my macbook, the memory has never gone up. I tried deleting apps, files and everything I dont need. Its not that Im running low on memory, it is that I dont understand where its going :? . Anyway, after I download things, I usually delete them, but the memory goes down, and when I delete them, they dont go back up. I was thinking that maybe the hard drive memory info isnt accurate and doesnt go back up, but that doesnt make any sense. Anyone got any ideas? Im new to macs so I dont really know how to handle this problem.
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I suggest you replace the "memory goes up/down" sentences with something that actually makes sense. Throughout your post I get the impression that you mean harddrive space, not memory.
hard drive memory
Do you mean swap files or regular files? Swap files usually have a set filesize, so you won't see any harddrive space changes although they're modified.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, technically, hard drives are memory because they retain a set of information for a period of time, but in terms of computers it can be confusing. Just to keep things simple waringers, please refer to RAM as memory and your hard drive space as something like "disk space" or "hd memory" or "hd space", etc.

Anyway, i think he is talking about hard drive space too. I believe his problem is that even though he deletes files on his hard drive, he doesn't see the space of the hard drive increase, however if he adds files he can see the hd space decrease - i can see why he would be concerned. I don't have an answer for you, unfortunately. Good luck though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

just go to an apple shop and get it fixed, usually they just give u new ones :)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

n3rd wrote:just go to an apple shop and get it fixed, usually they just give u new ones :)
o_O wow....
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Ya I did mean the harddrive, I decided to get another program to monitor my disc space and see whats going on. If I still cant fix it Ill take it to apple.
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I got this idea last night when trying to fall asleep: Did you empty the trash bin? :wink:

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

Lundis wrote:I got this idea last night when trying to fall asleep: Did you empty the trash bin? :wink:
this made me lol hard. i sure hope he did hahahaha
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

nightkid

Re:

Post by nightkid »

visser wrote:
Lundis wrote:I got this idea last night when trying to fall asleep: Did you empty the trash bin? :wink:
this made me lol hard. i sure hope he did hahahaha
:lol:
i had that problem with my mac and my flash drive, i would delete the files off my flash and it would say empty bout still show 500mb available out of 4 gigs. emptying the recycle bin fixed it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]