What happened to the simple days of hacking?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
IcEmAn052

What happened to the simple days of hacking?

Post by IcEmAn052 »

I mean now a days people are script kiddes left and right. Not saying that I was not a script kiddie at one point. But I mean I was on this IRC room and this one guy was trying to send me a keylogger over and over. So I did what any other good person would do and accepted it. Then I made a hotkey for me windows so that it would flood the words "You suck" 1 billion times. It worked. Lagged my computer. And crashed the Key Logger. And hopefuly his computer. Im just saying is that I remember the days where hacking was actuly....cool. Now it is more of a war thing. Too many people creating Viruses (Not saying that creating some are good but not sending them to random people), and DDoSing. I mean the lowest you can go to being a script kiddie. Is DDoSing using a program like Battlep0ng,Panther Mode, and all that other stuff. In my mind that is kinda useless to even do. If I were to DDoS I would just do it in style VIA using ping -l-t <IP> 10000. Well I think people will hate me for making this post. And people will think back to the old days where it was actuly fun. Now it seems not that fun anymore and too many people like to abuse it. So yeah. This is my story. Lol. Oh and if your wondering why I made this post, it is because I see the world in a different way then you do. So don't bitch about it. :D

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Drunken Opinion

Post by d10b »

It's late and I'm up... There isn't many quality games or MORPGs and people are getting sick 'n tired of FPS. The new game is hacking, :)

Ahh the days... I remember uploading a simple batch file renamed as a .ZIP to a BBS could give you access to someone's computer. mmm <drool> 1200 baud,

<slap> Get with teh times!
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

In the end, the elite will still rise above the rest.
It's just the way it is.

Hacking has/is becoming somewhat mainstream.

Idiots with low self-esteem are using script-kiddie proggies to make themselves feel better and look better among dumber people than themselves.

It's disgusting when I hear the word "hack" in a conversation with some idiot saying something along the lines of "man people do some crazy shit..that hack into your computer and turn shit on and off and open your CD tray".

What're we to do about this? Nothing. We know what we're doing. They, are idiots. They don't give a shit about learning, so they'll stay in the purgatory of script-kiddiism.

Anyone who knows anything or has any goals related to this will learn and move up from this low form of computer user.
There will always be "posers" and there will always be those who aren't.

Hacking is still fun..and the dumbfucks that never care to learn further than the level of a script-kiddie will be as harmless and blockable as the average pop-up ad as long as we don't let them ruin our fun and thirst for knowledge.

later.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

FTW

Post by DNR »

Hey brah, we ain't mad at ya, and don't think you are the only one with a hardcore view of the world. :wink:
Iceman? Thats probably a name I would gone by when I was younger, but back then I was C0VERTl. If you have learned anything about the world, you know that people evolve. You will evolve, grow into something better hopefully. Unfortunately people can also evolve into something worst rather than for good. Humans are no different from other animals on the planet, we all have the same basic instincts - hunt (food and oil),territory (protect own land and acquire more land) getting some bitches (acquire their bitches), genetic/environmental seeds of hate (I am OK, you are not, so die!) and did I say Hunt(food and OIL)?

Oil is important, can't make plastics without it or deliver product without it.

Hacking? Remember the internet back in them olden days was a few guys on a .mil/edu. net. They had to type commands properly and in proper context. BBS servers got personal, a small culture grew for only those people 'in the know.' Then some large corporations got email servers and webservers, employees started using them, there was RAS.

Then came AOL, every screaming, shit-flinging monkey and his little brother could now access the internet for chat. If you can manipulate the floppydisk and type those 'free' passwords with your thumbs, you are on the internet! There was dial-up and T3s for the masses.

Advertisement barfed on the scene, someone had to try to make money off the internet, something this fun could not be free anymore.
Advertisement came in many forms, always smarter than last years smelly turd, malware is born.

The government got pissed off that someone was trying to make money without paying them, or Microsoft got tired of being hacked, and asked the government to regulate the internet. Apparently we are too stupid to manage ourselves on a digital level. Humans fuck up yet another creation, the government now has to set the rules. Back in the great old days I could hack a server, in the US even and not worry about repercussions. Now, 'unauthorized access to a computer or network is 5 years in prison'. And don't think you are smarter than the rest of us.

Anyways, this is also a good place to lighten up. Get high, feeding your brain with good hacking nfo, ethics and personalities.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm... Sounds good to me DNR...

*Pulls out a joint, gets some munchies, and reads up on security, ethics, and society....*

:P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

IcEmAn052

Post by IcEmAn052 »

I have used this name ever since I began "Hacking". I think I was like 10 when I came up with this name. Too lazy to think of another one. Well just today I was going past a school to drop off some papers (It was an application that my friend wanted me to drop off since he was sick) I overheard these 2 people saying "I am going to hack the schools computer". The other one saying "Yeah using what". And what do you think he said next. He was going to code his own Trojan and hope that it works or would he NETBIOS sesion the computer. Nope he was going to get a Trojan that the program built for him. I was about to go over there and Slap him. But I realized that, that wouldn't help him at all. He would try to "Hack" my computer. Not saying that it is Impossible. But he would probaly do this. "Hey man look at this cool picture" or "Dude I found a game patch for you". So I am just saying is that many people have Ideas of what Hacking is. I see it as another way to use computers. Not a crime. Some people do deserve to have there 1/2 inch penis cut off because they were abusing it. But the only time that I would drop a couple of viruses or Trojans if only if the person was a real asshole and needed to be taught a leason. Which is what I did 2 days ago with the Cancer virus. I just took out the "OMFG PC FUCKED" part of the code and just made it to Harmlessly Format their C drive. :D

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Heh.

I used a trojan to teach a friend of mine about firewalls and security.(And..sure enough..he got an antivirus afterwards. Though, he didn't find the server since I killed it before he searched for it.) I mean..sure..that's pretty much script-kiddie..but I know better than to call it hacking lol.

I agree with you, DNR :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

advice is like an asshole, everyone has one, and they stink

Post by DNR »

Iceman,
One last piece of advice, stop fretting over the n00bs and brain-dead idiots out there. They will always be out there. Just accept that you are different from them, and be more confident in your unique personality. Go to a local hacker-con, you'll find more people like yourself. Otherwise, believe this, I am very antisocial. In public I do feel defensive, I do allow myself to get pissed off even by thoughtless people, driving, standing in line, or trying to get some service. Mistrust is another trait in the hacker personality, being cynical and critical at the same time is a good way to hack.
Worry more about controlling yourself, training your mind and body. Choose your friends and enemies very carefully.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Off Topic
DNR what do you do for living???