Partition encyrption.

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Partition encyrption.

Post by sternbildchen »

What tools would you recommend to encyrpt a partition to store data?
(any free ones?)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

check NeoCrypt , you can find it in the downloads (use search form)......it's freeware and easy to use, and you even can chose between different algorithms like Triple DES, AES or blowfish.... :wink:

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

I have NeoCrypt already. But i was looking more for something to make the partition unaccesable. So u cant se what on there.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

http://www.secrethider.com/
works fine for me....but it has no encryption option, so you would to use neocrypt before hiding the files... :wink:

edit: this programs works fine but added "newdotnet" to my box, which is kinda spyware..... :roll: I was able to remove it with Spybot, program still works.
Last edited by bad_brain on 03 Sep 2006, 09:19, edited 2 times in total.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

encryption

Post by DNR »

I use Kremlin 2.21, with a crack to make the higher encryption enabled. Safer SK-128, Blowfish, newDES (oops these are not export legal shame)

You can have it auto-encrypt a file or directory when you shutdown. The encrypted file result is like krm023.kgb. You will be prompted to enter the password, with little nfo about the content of the file.
I have tried a program that made a partition to keep encrypted files, but why? A good encrypted file does not have to be a partition, no matter how it is deployed, it must just be a unbreakable file.

I also once had a program that would secure delete a file if you failed the password three times, thats ultimate security.

psst pm me if interested.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.