Best linux distro which supports USB

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Best linux distro which supports USB

Post by pseudo_opcode »

ok all of them support usb, but what i want to know that which is the best distro which supports usb, i mean i just plug my digicam, my pen drive and start transferring files,

btw i have already tried these, redhat, slackware, xandros.. slackware was like long time back and redhat was redhat 9 so i dont know whether new distros support them or not. xandros doesnt work with my nvidia graphics card, therefore i have to use my onboard graphics chipset so i hate it, and i dont like redhat, i tried downloading gentoo but was unable to for some reason, actually i have windows xp installed so that my younger bro can transfer some files from my hard drive without any problems, and i want to get rid of windows, thats why i need an 'easy' usb friendly distro

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I havn't tested the distros I've tried yet explicitly for USB support, but I have tried a lot of distros and my recommendation is Debian. it's stable, apt is the best package manager I know and the available documentation is awesome....and it's also easy to install.
damn, the USB port is broken on my Linux box (it's a really old one :lol: ), so I couldn't test if an USB device is auto-mounted, but even if not: should be no problem to manage this... :wink:
so: go Debian... :D

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well after posting this my old friend called me today and it revived my old memories, like 2 years from now we always tried to be superior than each other, and we always tried to hack each other :lol: ,one day we missed our exam coz we stayed up all nigh trying to hack each other, we used to have LAN parties where he always fragged my ass(ok i admit he was a better gamer than me),and about our school project i remember i made a file encryption prog using rot-13 and he made windows explorer, i decided to change my proggie and made a mp3 player, then he made the download manager, and i m talking about those days when command line address book, reservation systems etc were considered 1337.

I still remember when we defaced our school's website, our teacher was smiling and said i know you two bastards did that, who else could have done that...
Man i can say, those were the best days of my life... i really really miss them.

and it was during those days when i installed gentoo, it took me whole day, i still remember when i was like wtf... when i saw 550 errors while trying to compile x-windows system, and my friend was laughing at me, so i am downloading latest version of gentoo and after that i will write a proggie for my poor usb.

so you see gentoo has some emotional significance in my life and i will try to revive those memories :cry:

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

recognize usb

Post by d10b »

kubuntu recognizes all my usb goodies without any setup or installation.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``