Mouse Events ...

...let us know what you think, free speech!
FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Mouse Events ...

Post by FrankB »

I realized i abbhor mouseclicks.. really!.
Each click, doubleclick, counterclick.. it sounds like a tic, a remnant of an OCD strike : *CLICK!*

I would like to start a campaign towards hardware manufacturers like DELL(tm) and Logitech(tm) who make mice device that has loud annoying nervous taxing sounds.

Yes.

They may say it is a physical issue and may want you to buy a laptop whereon you can tap the mousepad in all serenity, noiseless, when everybody sleeps or when your colleagues at work wouldn't catch you playing minesweeper.
Beware : mouseclicking is addictive, look at JavaScript afficionados and Flash-freaks..

Mackintosh users ? one word : click-addicts !
feh...

( On the other hand/finger , my keyboard makes a hell of a noise aswell :-)
--

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

dr. b_b says:
mouse addiction can be cured: Linux, 3 times/day..... :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

kill the clicks!

Post by DNR »

I am all for this, only avid users of the computer could understand.
You can get a silent keyboard, a few bucks more. But I have not really heard of a quiet mouse, some have no balls(snicker) but all make the dubious click and it'll give away your activity on the box.
Every hear a hacker? The keyboard is rattling away like a box of rice krispy on fire clatterclatterclatterclickclatterclatterclatterclicktapclatterclatterclatterclatterclickclatterclatterclatterclicktapclatterclatterclatterclatterclickclatterclatterclatterclicktapclatterclatterclatterclatterclickclatterclatterclatterclicktapclatter Click Sigh...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

Y'all are right about the keyboard usage and its noise or not noisy effects.

I don't know which one is better ; the hacker that slams his keyboard at 180 keys/minute ( not to mention; you can hear the hesitations, the pauzes and the awful sounding SPACEBAR and backstroke ) or the neurotic blogger who types like a policeman and slams the keys as if he wanted to carve the strokes in his cheap wooden desk :-)

A pleasure for the ear is a well trained typist (prefferably female with a sexy outfit ).
heh..

But the worst is the click-freak!
( at my job for the moment, after having written at least 8 drafts of database applications, i test them out on a Windows machine. The application is entirely 'clickable' . Gawd it's irritating. And i added all those extra clickable widgets for the everyday user where more experienced computer users know a keyboard combination, it's GUI and click-fest! )

One can file me for noise pollution ;-)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm, doesn't bother me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...