viewing windows drive

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: viewing windows drive

Post by bad_brain »

hm, what is the mount command you are using when it works?

ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by ilkjester »

mount -o uid=1000 /dev/sda2 /mnt

Unfortunately I ran into way bigger problems then that. I knew I shouldn't have done it. I formatted the Ubuntu partition while logged into Debian. I wanted to add that partition to Debian. When I restarted and tried to go to the linux boot section. Grub returns a partition not found. It takes me to a grub restore shell. I also don't have any blank cds dvds and I don't have any spare money until I get paid on the 5th. Damn xmas. :)
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

I ended up finding an installer for debian that installed it while in windows. Just like wubi for ubuntu. It installed the base system and kernel just fine. It was pretty intimidated when I first got to the login screen and it was nothing but a terminal. Luckily I just needed to install gnome and gdm.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ah, good.... :D
and about the fstab entry: try it like you mount manually, without any options except for rw and uid. :-k

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

I will keep it in the back of my mind. I ended up just formating the entire drive. Which kind of sucks means I didn't make any backup of my previous downloads. However now I have room to download more new material.