Facebook phone validation bypass

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Facebook phone validation bypass

Post by bad_brain »

ever tried to log in to your FB account and found it locked being prompted for your phone number to verify your account? well, happened to me yesterday....what a bunch of data harvesters. :evil:
of course I was not willing to give them my phone number, so I had to find a way how to bypass this. I found lots of "tricks" on the net, like "use the lost password function and then reactivate the account", but I still ended up with the phone verification prompt.

so here is how I did it in the end (partial info found on google):

- create a free voice mail account at 206-376-1000
it'll take some minutes, a lot of blah blah-press-1-press-2, when you are prompted for a greeting message do not say anything and end the recording after 1-2 seconds!
at the end you will get your phone number where you can check for new messages, it is done by instantly pressing * followed by your PIN as soon as you hear your "greeting message" (which will be just some white noise because you said nothing). the service is ad-based, so you will hear an ad for 30 seconds or so before you can access your voice mails.

- make sure you connect to FB with an US IP, there is no need to find a proxy, this online one worked fine for me: http://www.uswebproxy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you don't use an US IP you will only get the option to send the verification code via text message, but we want a voice one to make this work.

- alright, enter your new phone number from the voice mail provider, pick "call" for the message method (not text), then check your voice mails: voila! (for me it swallowed the first 2 digits on the recording the first time it's announced, but don't worry, the verification code is announced twice and you get all 4 digits the 2nd time).

:D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Facebook phone validation bypass

Post by ayu »

hah, nice ; D

There's a Norweigan site that has a few numbers online that prints all the text messages you send them, works great for text message based verification :D.
Can't remember the site at the moment, but I posted it somewhere here on the board ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Nice.
- alright, enter your new phone number from the voice mail provider, pick "call" for the message method (not text),
Does this give you an option to set up to receive text as an option then too?

The reason i ask is this.

Tonight i uploaded a video to the doctors youtube channel for his website. Now the doctor promotes natural remedies and not pharmaceutical remedies. He used to be a hospital practitioner as well as a local surgery practitioner before changing his stance on medical science.

Now after 210 mins of uploading youtube tells me it only accepts movies of 15 mins long now unless you can verify your account by text. Yes as bad_brain says its just harvesting more information but one of the simple reasons for this is that when you are on your pc or laptop you maybe able to hide your ip address and mac address if you feel inclined to do so but you cant stop being pinpointed off that mobile phone signal, your in a even worse predicament if your phone has GPS.

We had channels set up on blip tv for couple of the websites he has and he had also paid for the pro account too. When we came to access some of the videos on the site and found that they were all down due to the account being closed down. Now here is the interesting part. The channels were not closed due to copy write infringement as these were all original content. The channel was closed down as it was classed as a business even though it runs at an extreme loss every month and the only way it could be classed as being used as a business is for the shop which sells a few dvd's of their own content and a few t-shirts.

So what was the point of selling them a Pro account in the first place?

Anyway he can let them text his phone in the morning but im wondering just in case then i dont need to spend another 210 mins uploading and hoping for the best when i want to do it with my own accounts.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

computathug wrote:Nice.
- alright, enter your new phone number from the voice mail provider, pick "call" for the message method (not text),
Does this give you an option to set up to receive text as an option then too?
yes, the "text message" option is always there, only the "call" one seems only to appear if you are using an US IP, at least for me....I am using tor to connect and for any other countries I've connected from there was only the text message option.

the voice mail provider sadly only gives an option to receive calls, we might have to google for free txt message inbox providers like the ones cats mentioned. :-k

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

US IP is checked so they don't have to call outside the US.

I also wonder if you could use - IP RELAY

Sprint Relay
http://www.sprintrelay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Telecommunications for the Deaf And Hard-of-Hearing Customers.
Sorenson IP Relay | siprelay.com
http://www.siprelay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Free text-based IP relay service for deaf and hard-of-hearing users
Search Results
IP-Relay: The Leading IP-Relay Service for Deaf and Hard of ...
ip-relay.com/

IP relay is not just used for hard of hearing, but also for people who cannot speak english well and wish to hide it. They can instruct the operator to act as themselves - the operator will not tell the person called they are reading text from someone online. you will also see a phone number on your caller ID from a home-worker who works for IP relay services out of their homes. This was a common tactic for shipper and droppers to call stores or people and hide their foreign accents and poor engrish.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.