JavaScript

All about creating websites!
jneaod
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

JavaScript

Post by jneaod »

I want to make a web based game in javascript. It will be 2d and will be based on the game stick-rpg. I do not know where to start. Please help me get a boost.

RavenousBlack
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by RavenousBlack »

Do you know JS? If not, start there.

jneaod
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by jneaod »

I know some and i also have a book on js.

RavenousBlack
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by RavenousBlack »

How are you looking to make this game? You're talking about this stick rpg right? Is it going to be like that? If so, then JS may not be the best way to go, especially if you just know some of it. Are you going to want people to log in to get to their characters or anything like that? You might want to look into some databasing things then like MySQL. Do you want it to be HTML based? Or do you want there to be an applet (you might mean that you want to make it in Java then).

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

I dont know much about game programming on web, but dont you think its better to make a game in Flash or java??

RavenousBlack
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by RavenousBlack »

I think that maybe he's trying to be ingenuitive. I've seen games made with things like JS and DOM, but they're not very good games and take up a lot of memory, they just aren't scripting languages that are good for that kind of thing. I mean, you can make games and stuff with them and be like, "Oh hey, I made this with this, something that's really hard to do." But is there really a use for it when there's better things to do it with?