Pay Proxies?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Shimo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Pay Proxies?

Post by Shimo »

So I recently got myself Netflix, but living in Canada has left me with a terrible selection, so I've been using free US based proxies to get US based Content. But I'm sick of switching back and forth between them and my connection to get good speeds. Do any of you know of a good cheap pay proxy based in the US? I'm willing to pay around $6-8 CAD a month as long as it has decent speeds. Also I might be wanting to use it for something else as well. ;) So anonymity is a little important.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Pay Proxies?

Post by ayu »

I am considering using nvpn pretty soon, as they don't save any logs, have good speeds, and guarantees me my safety and anonymity online :)

Code: Select all

http://nvpn.net/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yea work is requiring the use of proxies too, looks like they cover all the areas needed

USA: Online |
Slots free USA: 17
Russia: Online |
Slots free RU: 15
NL: Online |
Slots free NL: 23
UK: Online |
Slots free UK: 15
Serbia: Online |
Slots free SE: 15
Ukraine: Online |
Slots free UKR: 6
Singapore: Online |
Slots free SNG: 4
Turkey: Online |
Slots free TRK: 21
Sweden: Online |
Slots free SWE:

I like that you can pay $8 (or $60 a year) for Static IP

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

Thanks Cats, I think I might just try the 1 month private. See if I like it. Also I'm completey bewildered by the fact that they can offer a static IP for so little.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Shimo wrote:Thanks Cats, I think I might just try the 1 month static. See if I like it. Also I'm completey bewildered by the fact that they can offer a static IP for so little.

Personally I will go for the shared plan, since then all data collected about that IP wont be only my activity, but many peoples.
And if I do something bad, it can't be singled out to me alone ... the others will get the blame as well = no one will get the blame.
At least that's my conclusion ... correct me if I'm wrong.

But before you correct me, keep this in mind

VPN does/doesn't do the following

* Doesn't keep any logs
* Wont ban you for doing bad shit, they simply don't care about it
* Even if the police storms the place, they can't give info they don't have (logs)
* They will only suspend an account that tries to use the server for DDoSing

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

Awesome, either way I'm mostly going to be using it for valid reasons. No cheese pizza for me. ;) lol I just ordered the private so I'll have to see. My thought was that it would be faster for video streaming. If I need to do some naughty stuff I think I'll stick to proxy chains and maybe bot nets. lol Either way this 2 day wait for paypal users is busting my balls.

P.S. I just realized, I run a proxy off my webserver anyways, I can just setup the vpn on my router and anything I do I can claim deniability. I don't keep logs. XD Also I keep it just to bipass some of those irritating login pages for open wifi's. lol

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Shimo wrote:Awesome, either way I'm mostly going to be using it for valid reasons. No cheese pizza for me. ;) lol I just ordered the private so I'll have to see. My thought was that it would be faster for video streaming. If I need to do some naughty stuff I think I'll stick to proxy chains and maybe bot nets. lol Either way this 2 day wait for paypal users is busting my balls.

P.S. I just realized, I run a proxy off my webserver anyways, I can just setup the vpn on my router and anything I do I can claim deniability. I don't keep logs. XD Also I keep it just to bipass some of those irritating login pages for open wifi's. lol
Actually I was planning to setup my neighbors router with my VPN account, for those nights of "not so legit activity" xP

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

XD I used to do that. Only with open vpns and socks 5 proxies. Ever install dd-wrt on someones router then reset the ssid and password to what it was before? Just so you can mess with them. XD I mucked with one of my friends neibours ip tables on theirs so that everything would redirect to other things, nother to bad, stuff like google redirecting to yahoo ect. XD Just little irritations. lol Best part was, she offered to pay him to fix it. XD

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

So I just got a hold of my private proxy. It doesn't have the most amazing speeds. But it does have good enough for what I'm going to use it for.
.85 Mbp/s down and .12 Mbp/s up.
Also if you do end up getting it you can use my referral. http://nvpn.net/order.php?refnum=158662 ... @gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here we go with our latest Feature the 'Refer a Friend' Function that is a test and still in Beta but fully functional. For clear understanding what it is and here the explanation. Enter your friend's email and he will receive an Order link including his own personal ref number. Once he clicks on that link and succesfully places an Order, depending on the package he chose your Account will be automatically accounted, after his finished Order.
Depending on the package, Shared / Dedicated, 1-3-6 or 12 months, different time credits will be added. You can then convert the time (or in future Payout the Amount in cash which is not possible yet) into your Account.

Your account must be active and unexpired to do this. For now the referral conditions are as follows:

Shared IP:
[#] 1 Month 1st Friend = 14 Days / 1$
[#] 1 Month 3rd Friend = 30 Days / 2$
[#] 3 Months = 30 Days / 15%
[#] 6 Months = 45 Days / 15%
[#] 12 Months = 60 Days / 15%

Dedicated IP:
[#] 1 Month 1st Friend = 14 Days / 1$
[#] 1 Month 3rd Friend = 30 Days / 2$
[#] 3 Months = 30 Days / 15%
[#] 6 Months = 60 Days / 15%
[#] 12 Months = 75 Days / 15%

Important:! To prevent any misuse of the Referral System, all referred Clients, the Email + Ref no. are tracked and the Order leads back to your Account. Incase we notice any abuse of the system, we will tighten the rules, or completely disable it again.

1.) Multiple Invitations to the same Person are not allowed. Any invitiation counts for one individual NEW Friend only. Sending multiple Invitations to the same person will lead to Account termination of both!!
2.) Invitations are limited to a maximum of 2x invitations a day (but will be expanded by the time).
3.) If under any circumstances your referred Friend causes Problems with his Payment all consequences will fall back to your account.
On the first occurance the added Bonus Time of your friend, will be simply deducted only. IF you reffered 2 problematic Clients, your account will be entirely terminated!!

Your reffered Friend receives his login infos instantly, dont forget, YOU are the one who vouches for him. So think twice who you vouch for and who you want to refer.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Nice!

What speed do you have on your broadband (without nvpn)?

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

8.25 down and .15 up. Also keep in mind thats mega bits not bytes. Like I said, it's decent. If you get the shared connection you'll have to let me know how your speeds are. Also I think it requires you to have a credit card attached to your paypal..... Not sure but I don't think it gave me an option for anything else.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Another one that I am trying out at the moment (since it's famous in my country so I want to try this one first), is ipredator

http://www.ipredator.se
I haven't set it up yet, but I have fixed an account and a 3 month payment plan :)
After the time has gone out, I will try nvpn as well ... and decide which one I like the most :)

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

Does Ipredator let you pick proxy's from other parts of the world or just Europe?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Shimo wrote:Does Ipredator let you pick proxy's from other parts of the world or just Europe?

Unfortunately it doesn't let you pick at all, it will be a random server everytime it seems.
And the servers all seem to be in Sweden.
And it doesn't let you forward ports or anything, so that sucks a bit ^^

but generally the service is great, as it seems very stable, and I could download an anime episode at my normal speed.
Around 3 MB/s (~24 Mbit/s). Upload was about the same as the download speed, so I haven't noticed much speed loss.

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

Nice... Also I bet 90% of my problem is the fact that I'm connecting from Calgary Alberta to Washington DC and then to what ever I'm going to. I'm sure if I lived in the US it would be better.