foreign exchange student

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

foreign exchange student

Post by ilkjester »

So Ive been told that a foreign exchange student is coming to stay at my house in january. He is from Venezuela. I think this is so cool. Has anyone else had an oppurtunity like this or was a foreign exchange student before?

RavenousBlack
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by RavenousBlack »

I've always wanted to. Either one from Germany or Japan, mainly because those are the two languages I'm learning. But I've become good friends with foreign exchange students like the German one last year named Ralph, he introduced me to the band the Böse Onkelz.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I've heard femal exchange students from France are real cool....
oh well, I think I watch too much filthy movies.... :oops:

now for real, I think it's a very good experience to have an exchange student as guest or beeing an exchange student, I'm sure it's kinda fun to discover the cultural differences. in my city we often have even whole exchange school classes from our partner cities (and other cities too):
Montbéliard /France
Caerphilly /South Wales
Jevpatorija /Krim
St. Charles,Missouri /USA

sometimes I see some of them when I walk to the city (the shortest way is through our local castle which is usually the first place people from other countries want to see), and it's fun to talk to them......(quote from many US kids: "is it true you can buy beer when you're just 16?" :lol: )

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well i am planning to do my post graduation from Germany :D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Welcome to the USA, surrender your rights here

Post by DNR »

ilk,
Oh damn :roll: now you are the sole representative of USA. :lol:

You'll have to be on your best behavior, les you set a bad example for the rest of us. I wouldn't get him/her drunk/high and leave him/her on the street in a red light district until the second month.

j/k :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

My friend had a foreign exchange student from china over at his house for a while, the guy was pretty cool and spoke english fairly well. Then, my friend went to china and had like 5 girlfriends... so he says... lol.

Bad brain, i'm definitely moving to st.charles missouri if that's the case, i've always wanted to go to germany (my mom was born there and lived there for 8 years) and she goes there to visit a friend often. I live in missouri, kansas city, so it won't be a far drive :) heheh.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

A friend of mine has a Russian exchange student in one of his classes.

So far..
we've learned that:

**Their middle names are determined by the name of their father
**This guy thinks his fathers name is embarassing(He says that's why he won't tell us)
**His accent is pretty kool, and my friend does a pretty good russian impersonation

Thas all so far..I don't talk to him much, since I don't have any classes with him.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

RavenousBlack
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by RavenousBlack »

Yeah, and if they're males then they take their father's name and add -ov and if they're girls they add -ovna.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, sweet gogeta...your mum surely knows the german partner-city of St.Charles then, at least by the name.... :D try to hack an student exchange list and put your name on the top, you would have the best tourist guide: Me... :lol: