Come on IRC!!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

yeah me too

Post by floodhound2 »

Shezz I can get in as well/ I tried to get on the mIRC to swap knowledge but no go. Any one got any ideas? I made a program that is like Yahoo messenger and I can give it out to any one that wants it. I can if necessary keep my box running 24/7 (it has not shut off for 2 years now, well except the fire on my old power supply 4 months ago) and use it as the server for the little piece of code.

Just thinking people. . .

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, would be good if IRC would run on multiple servers, I already runned a test-install of ircd-hybrid on my home-server....but I would need help with the config... :?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Port forwarding isn't working in my router. It's blocking access to the port of my computer.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Might sound stupid, but have you tried some firmware? Mine was defect to and when I flashed the firmware to a newer version, everything was fine.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, new firmware is only an option if the manufacturer offers an official tool (like LG does for DVD burners for example), else you'll lose warranty....and even if you use the manufacturer's tool it might be on your own risk (depends on the manufacturer's warranty policy). so imo it's the best to get a new one in such cases, at least you can be sure the hardware works properly then.... :wink:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yes, i upgraded the firmware. Still defective. Then again, that router gets HOT. Like... you could cook your breakfast on it type of hot...

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

bad_brain wrote:well, would be good if IRC would run on multiple servers, I already runned a test-install of ircd-hybrid on my home-server....but I would need help with the config... :?
You can run irc on my computer but we have one problem, in case of a power cut, i wont be able to run the generator for the server, it runs on kerosene and its expensive.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, we should meet on IRC (once it's up again) or on yahoo so we can coordinate it. when IRC is running on multiple boxes it's more reliable, and I would run it off from one of my servers too....but like I said, I would need help with the config because I'm not that skilled in IRC running the service itself is no problem, but to set the operators and register users for example...and I simply have not enough time at the moment to get into it... :?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Okay, the server is back up now, sorry about that guys.

ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by ilkjester »

It still don't work for me but i think its my side this time because i can't connect to any server.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I can't connect too.... :?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Fux0r. Wasn't my router. lol, ohwell, guess i'm gettin' a new router. I'll continue workin' on it guys.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Mkay, here's an update as to what's going on with irc. The server was located on my desktop computer, and i'm on my laptop right now. Windows is currently being re-installed on my computer, on a spare hard drive. I'll be saving all the files to a drive seperate from that of windows, making it an easy installation. Anyway, bad brain and i both figured that it was the evil of windows and it's corruption that is causing my computer to reject everything, including pings. So a reinstallation will do some good, i suppose.

Server should be back soon.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Okay, the server is back up (i checked with a proxy so it's valid). However, i'm still transferring my files over to the new installation of windows so the computer will be restarting alot and stuff, so the server will be on and off for a bit. Well, that about wraps it up, cep't for the hours of applications i've gotta reinstall... :( c'ya.

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

thats wierd man... yesterday i could get on, and today i cant... hmm :?
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-