IRC SERVER Setup :D

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

IRC SERVER Setup :D

Post by Broken Angel »

I have been meaning to write another HD tutorial for a while and this one will be on setting up IRCXpro. This is going to be a good read and I hope everything works out smoothly! If I am missing a step feel free to let me know! For the people that sell server spots, don't hate. Power is knowledge.

Oh, setting up the IRC server is 100% free. The programs are free and the sub-domains are free as well.

Requirements

* A computer that will be on 24/7
* IRCXpro
* The ability to port forward
* An IRC client
* A No-IP Account
* Windows 2000, XP, vista, Windows 7
* Internet

Downloads and Guides

*Pics, mIRC, and IRCXpro

No-IP Account

1. Go to http://www.no-ip.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Create a account
3. When you log in your account; click "Add a host"
4. For the hostname put a name you would like for your IRC server. Example: FederationCore.no-ip.biz or FederationCore.zapto.org, etc
5. Host type; leave as DNS Host(A)
6. Now click "create host"
7. Finish!
**The No-ip host name will convert your Ip address into a name. DNS(Domain name server). So instead of typing 92.556.345.89 for your server
name; it is now XXX.no-ip.biz**

Installing IRCXpro:
1. On the server computer, open IRCXpro.rar and mIRC.rar and extract it to the desktop
2. Open the IRCXpro 1.2 folder and open Initial.exe
3. Install the program.
4. Open ircxpro.1.2.1538.cracked-tsrh and extract the 5 files to the desktop.
5. Move the 5 files to where you installed IRCXpro. You should replace 2 of the orginial files from ircxpro.1.2.1538.cracked-tsrh.
6. After you have replace the two files, open Initial.exe.
7. Keep going until you have to fill out a form. Fill the form out. You can use Fake info.
8. You should now get a server configuration screen. For the server name put down your no-ip host name. (XXX.no-ip.biz)
9. Put anything you like in the description
10. Put any name for Operater name. This is your account to login in the server and the Operator for your server. Make sure to put down
something you will remember. This is VERY important.
11. Make any password up. Remember this! This is how you login your server! Very Important!
12. Message of the day: Put anything you want.
13. YAY! An error! Press cancel. If your firewall asks if you want IRCXpro press okay.
14. Now open ircxreg.exe. This should now crack IRCXpro!
15. Boosh! Now look in your taskbar. You should see the IRCXpro icon
16. Double click on the icon then put in the username and password and then login! Once your logged in, your server should be running! We still have a little while to go.

mIRC 6.34:
1. The steps are in the download.

Configuring the server
There are about 20 pictures. Thought it would be easier to upload to a site. Comment if you have a question!
Download is in the download section!
Don't forget, you can minimize the IRC server window to the taskbar!

Port forwarding
Oh shit. What so many of us have problems with. Another HD guide is in process. For the mean time, your going to need to scavenge for help
until the next HD guide is out.In order to connect to your IRC server, you server will need to be excepting incoming connections. So we must port forward. Good luck!

alright.. some help:

Code: Select all

http://www.squidoo.com/portforwardingtutorial
1. 4562
2. Port forward that port
3. Once you think it is open, go to

Code: Select all

http://www.canyouseeme.org/
and check your port. If it is open, you are almost ready for your private
IRC server! If it is closed, go back, take your time, take a deep breath and try something new!

Remember. If your port is not open, you cannot host a IRC server. Some tips for now. Make sure your IRC server is running when you check to see if your ports are open. Check your router, modem, Anti-virus, and firewall!

Connecting to the correct IP address
1. If you are connecting to your server on the computer running the server, use address 127.0.0.1
2. If you are connecting to your server though a different computer, but you are using the same network, use the private addresses.
Addresses that begin with 192.168, or 10.0, or 172.16 are called private addresses. These addresses are only used for traffic on your local LAN.
3. If you are connecting to your server though a different computer, but on a entirely different network, use your No-ip account!!

Configuring mIRC
The hard part is almost over! You are almost there!
1. Open up Noscript(its the tricked out mIRC)
2. Go to file>new server
3. Add
4. Description: Optional
5. IRC server: Connect to either 127.0.0.1, your private address, or your no-ip account. Go to "Connecting to the correct IP address" if
you don't know which one.
6. Password: The password you put for server. Picture 5 from the config.
Spoiler (Click to View)
[Image: 5-1.jpg]
7. It should look something like this. Look how i used 192.168.0.171. It shows i was on a different computer, but in the same network. You
must adjust according to how you are connected and which computer you are using.
Spoiler (Click to View)
[Image: Ports-1.jpg]
8. now select "select" and hit connect! If it ask for a name, e-mail, just put in stuff. I will get to that in a second.
9 NINJA!!! Hopefully it should say "Welcome to IRC..."
10. Now connect to the IRC channel we made for our bots! Picture 11 from the config download. In order to connect to our channel press

/join #Channel

11. Now a message should pop up saying it is protected by a password. Type the password in.
12. Type the password and you are in my friend!

However, its funny how your not a OP in your own IRC server. OP's have all power. They can change settings from mIRC and are not limited by rules like a regular user would have.

13. Disconnect from your server.
14. Go to file>select server
15. Name: Put what ever
16. E-mail address: *@* VERY important
17. Nickname: Put it the same as your IRC OP that connects to your server
18. Alternative: Optional
19: Invisible: I would also turn this on
20. To become OP Type

/oper NAME Password

Password would be the same as your OP that connects to your server
Example: /oper legym IhearEmma
21. You should now have become a IRC OP in your new private server!

Credits: CASI

Fanks mate :D
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: IRC SERVER Setup :D

Post by bad_brain »

nice one.... :)
to make it complete a "how to set up IRC services" should be added...but I am not even sure if there are any for MS... :-k

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

nice work!
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

winstonsmith

Post by winstonsmith »

Excellent post

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Great tutorial, nice job ^_^

I'm gonna move this to the general computing tutorials section, as this isn't really a hacking tutorial.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

intern3t

Post by intern3t »

this is good! =D>