Which Game Should I Get?

About your favorite games!

What Are Your Feelings On MMO RPGs That You Have To Pay To Play After You Pay To Buy Them?

That's Just Terrible Why Pay To Play If I Already Bought It?
71%
It's Okay
24%
Not Sure Don't Play RPGs
6%

Total votes: 17

4rc4ng3L
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by 4rc4ng3L »

I know you said you dont want something you HAVE to play online but iv decided to pretend you didnt say that :lol: .
Im going to recommend a very different type of rpg. I have played them all, from he offlines like baldurs gate to oblivion and the onlines all the way back to age of camalot to the current day everquest II and WoW. But in my opinion the very best rpg is a game called EVE-Online. http://www.eve-online.com/
Its an online game but the game itself is free, you just pay to play, but take it from me, its absolutely worth it! It requires months of play to really get the most out of eve and it will take you a week or two to fully get to grips with it, and realise how big the world that they have given you is. There are no 12yo whiny players to bug the shit out of you, most players are 20 or over. The Dev team are one of the best i have ever seen. They will always let you know whats going on, and if there is a problem(which there rarely is) the can always be trusted to give you the no BS answer. They are fully aware that the players pay their wages and arnt afraid to admit it. Also, with the new game graphic engine being released next year it will ensure that for the next 5years at least this game will be on top of the graphics leaderboard. The game is run on a vaste amount of servers all linked together to form a cluster. The game takes place on this whole cluster. What this means is that ALL the players are on the same single server in the same gaming universe playing the same game. So you can imagine that its quite an experience to actually play it.

Anyway, just passing on the word of a worth while game from one gamer to the other. Give the site a glance at least, but beware.... once you play eve, you can never leave! 8)
Death is the only true freedom, brought on by our own ignorance.... Welcome to the "free" world in which we live...

Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Wizardy

Post by Chaos1986 »

d10b wrote:I think it was Wizardry: Crusaders of the Dark Savant, the characters were extremely customizeable.

By customize are you talking about stats? Looks? Or everything. :)
Everything :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

You could always make your own game :lol:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I made my own game before, though it was a few years back, and it wasn't handcoded it was made using a 'toolkit.'
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

yeah..I was into Gamemaker a while back.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

MMORPG's that are pay-to-play online are ok, but they better kick some serious ass.

Keep in mind that some (not all) are very much based on parties of people attacking groups of monsters.
So if it is MMORPG you are looking for, be sure you won't have too many grouped monsters to battle. It'll slow you gaining EXP to level up.

Anarchy Online seems ok.
I believe it is free, but I can't play it b/c it is only Windows dl's and wine is on crack here.

Which FF was it, 9 or 10, that you played online??
I forget.

I tried almost a year ago to create my own game using some engine or another.
I guess I am too lazy, and would rather play them instead of create them:)

LBG
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Well I Tried Out My Little Brother's Copy Of The Elder Scrolls IV OBLIVION And I Found That It Works Fine. It Tends To Crash Once In A While Though Any Ideas Why? :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, i've got oblivion on my laptop, and sometimes my firewall will pop up and make the screen go out of full screen, and oblivion crashes then, so it could be something with your graphics card, or just windows.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

a buddy gave me Oblivion some days ago, and for him it crashed too pretty often, but after installing the official patch it runs stable...I use the patch from the start and had no crashes yet:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/u ... atches.htm

:wink:

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Thanks Bad_Brain I'll Give It A Try. Hopefuly This Will Work For Me. :twisted: :evil: