Which One Is The Best

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Which One Is The Best

Post by Chaos1986 »

Hey Guys Which Distrobution Of Linux Is Best For Programming? :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

That's kinda like asking "What distro of windows is best for crashing?". All of them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Well Really What I Was Asking Is There A Distro Of Linux Geared Specifly Towards Programers? :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well there's no such distro which is targeted at programmers, well if you really want an l33t distro, then i think Gentoo is the best, but its definetely not for newbies, its a real bitch to install, first time i did it, it took me approx 10 hours...

here's what its website says
We produce Gentoo Linux, a special flavor of Linux that can be automatically optimized and customized for just about any application or need. Extreme performance, configurability and a top-notch user and developer community are all hallmarks of the Gentoo experience.
warning:if you are a newbie.. dont even think of installing it..

XRAIDEDLOK

Post by XRAIDEDLOK »

gogeta70 wrote:That's kinda like asking "What distro of windows is best for crashing?". All of them.
lmao thats hilarious

p99

Post by p99 »

Everything you need to program can be installed on any linux system you want. So their really isn't a "perfect" one for it.

Ubuntu installs python ready but I think that's all. It doesn't even come with C installed. So you have to install that. Apt-get ftw!

Fedora, suse, most others will come with gcc installed so you can compile your C programs. Sometimes python and ruby, and possibly perl as well.

Just remember that you can almost make any linux distro do what another does. They are all based on the same thing anyways...