Bandwith

All about creating websites!
Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Bandwith

Post by Chaos1986 »

Hey Guys I Know This Is A Stupid Question But I'm Going To Ask It Any Ways. :oops: How Is Bandwith Measured And Do Fourm Boards Take Massive Amounts Of Bandwith? :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by Chaos1986 on 21 Sep 2006, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Bandwidth is measured in bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, etc. It's how much information can be passed along your internet connection daily, at least that's a basic definition of it...

here are some definitions from google:
Google wrote: # A measure of the capacity of a communications channel. The higher a channel's bandwidth, the more information it can carry.
www.tamu.edu/ode/glossary.html

# The amount of information or data that can be sent over a network connection in a given period of time. Bandwidth is usually stated in bits per second (bps), kilobits per second (kbps), or megabits per second (mps).
www.tecrime.com/0gloss.htm

# A relative range of frequencies that can carry a signal on a transmission medium.
www.adaptivedigital.com/services/serv_definitions.htm

# Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transferred over the network in a fixed amount of time. On the Net, it is usually expressed in bits per second (bps) or in higher units like Mbps (millions of bits per second). 28.8 modem can deliver 28,800 bps, a T1 line is about 1.5 Mbps.
www.hosttrail.com/glossary/b/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...