Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself here....
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Wassup Cyberpulse Welcome to the boards :) awesome resume, hope to learn a few things!

bad_brain gotcha, ill check out the german board and take a look

CyberPulse
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Thanks

Post by CyberPulse »

Thanks guys. I'm really hoping to learn a lot from everybody and I hope you all learn something from me. If you have any programming question, send them on over.

ziTo

Post by ziTo »

hello everyone. i love computers but have a very limited knowledge of them. ive been building my own pcs for myself and friends/family for about 8 years now. but building, installing, repairing windows-based pcs is pretty much where my knowledge ends (i dont know any programming languages or anything).

i have a friend who was the victim of some pretty malicious hacks. i dont know if this is really possible, but according to him, there was someone who not only controlled his computer, but could actually SEE him with his webcam and maybe even HEAR him with his microphone. ahahahah. i shouldnt be laughing though. my friend isnt laughing.

anyway, what happened to him made me realize that i should probably take security more seriously. im going to look into some firewalls tonight. also, im going to try to take care of my buddy, who is a total dunce when it comes to computers. he still doesnt understand why he has to "sign on" in order to retrieve his email ("the mail is in my computer isnt it? i see it in it. what does the internet have to do with it???")

yes, he really said that. lol :(

anyway im getting really interested in security now. im checking out sites like this in the hopes i can learn about things. i really really REALLY dont want to get raped like my friend did.

nice to meet you all.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Welcome, ziTo... :wink:
It´s no shame that you don´t know much about security, even the best professional started with no knowledge, no-one was born with a portlist in his head... :lol: I´ve read your firewall-post, if you follow my advice it´s a big step to secure your box already and will keep you away from what happened to your buddy....

texasnoctoluca

Post by texasnoctoluca »

Uh. hello. i am an ancient being compared to the rest of you, but am trying to survive horrible afflictions of CRS and Midlife Crisis all at once by learning new tricks on my computer. I'm just getting started and I'm not exactly up to date, but look forward to learing new things from ya!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Hey texasnoctoluca, welcome! :)
Age isn´t important anyway, I´m already 36 and started with computers again 2-3 years ago after a pause of more than 10 years... :wink:

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

texasnoctoluca wrote:
Uh. hello. i am an ancient being compared to the rest of you, but am trying to survive horrible afflictions of CRS and Midlife Crisis all at once by learning new tricks on my computer. I'm just getting started and I'm not exactly up to date, but look forward to learing new things from ya!
Lol, it's never too late to discover the world of computers..unless you're dead of course. In which case, you'll be out of luck :P
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

but hey even then...

:D

CyberPulse
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by CyberPulse »

If dead people can still vote, then they should be able to work a computer. LOL 8)

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

haha your right about that one CyberPulse :D

_MaChEtE

Post by _MaChEtE »

Hello I'm Machete from California I been studying computers for the last year and half. I took a course on Computer Tech for six months. I am currently trying to get A+ certified(Anyone have any good study questions because I heard they just changed the test for hardware). I fix computers on the side at home for now, and I just want to learn as much as I can because Computers are the Future.

CyberPulse
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by CyberPulse »

Welcome _MaChEtE. The A+ cert is always good to have. When I took the test it was a whole lot easier than I was expecting it to be. If you can remember what everything is inside the computer than you should be fine. You are absolutely right, computers are the future. Actually, COMPUTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD (and use us as batteries lol :) )!

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Hi guys, you can call me Nerdz bcz i like that :) It's funny how people think that the label "nerd" is a shame... It's NOT! We need to be proud to know more computer stuff then those who use to be big bullie(or something like that) which will take-off your garbage at home...

Anyway, I've been studying computer since I'm 15. I started with VB.6 without any rule of programmation(that was a disaster). I am now in college in computer science and math. Learning C++ and stuff...

This year I've set-up with teachers a security class(kind of "parascolaire")
I'm 19years old and sorry for my poor english but yeah... I'm french.

Why I've been interresting into hacking stuff? My friend... I use to be lame and download trojan with a bit of social enginering... However, now I want to know WHY when I used to press on "Connect to victim computer" it connect... etc...

To conclude, if I can give an advice to all noob here... Forget about books on subject like: How to hack... I've read 2 of them and both of them talk a bit of each topic but its like if you wanna make a cake and you read a book which says:" Put some stuff in a oven and bake it"

P.S. I LOVE THE TUTS PART OF THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Hey whats up Nerdz, glad to have you on the forums! dont be ashamed because you used trojans and such when ya was younger, we all started somewhere and that drives us to become better in the long run :)

Welcome to Suck-O!!

masterdriverz
forum buddy
forum buddy

Hi

Post by masterdriverz »

Hey, I'm new. Used to hang out on WarIndustries till it went down and never relli got back off the ground, wanted to find a new place to tlk.

14 yrs old, been round PCs for about 5 or 6 years, really got into it about 3 yrs ago, learnt proggramming and choose the dark side :twisted: :wink:.