need some help on my web site.

All about creating websites!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

need some help on my web site.

Post by floodhound2 »

All right since I have learned tons from you all I finally decided to serve up my own website. I got my domain name and hosted if this weekend. Now I ask a question. I was given 500 email accounts with my package deal and was wondering how I set up an email page. I did the entire HTML/ conversion in front page (I think front page sucks so far and I am looking for a better app to do my site in. I even tried and did not like publisher too) is there a way to have some of my regulars sigh on and check emails through a web page I post off my site, like yahoo has and Google (gmail)?

Leave me some ideas and or the lingo as to where I can look up information. I am a bit noob at web site developments so forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

If I can leave my site address I would love some input and or comments on my work in progress so far.

Peace
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Nice to know that you learned a lot.... :)

Regarding your emails.. you have another very good option... google is offering google apps for your domain..Right now this service is in beta stage and free of cost, they plan to charge for it soon.. you no more need to create a webpage and dont need any mail server... google does that for you.. i have registered already and its cool. the interface is similar to gmail and the space is also more than 2.5gb per address... so your email hosting is provided by google free of cost!!! right now you can have maximum of 25 email ids, with the reliability, security of gmail...

visit this to signup

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

help

Post by floodhound2 »

Well is there any way I can set up a place on my web page for users to log into there email accounts I give them. What is it called? A Web mail or a web server log-in screen possibly. Do I program it in visual basic or java or barrow some ones code that is used through-out the internet. I am not sure what Google is offering ill look at this link you left, but I already have my hosting server paid for in full.

Any suggestions or am I causing confusion [chaos theory]
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by d10b »

Your webhosting site should already have a webmail login page.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right. usually the provider gives you a link to a webmail iface, ask the support... :wink: if you can use webmail on your admin iface it's the same link for all other users, only the name/pass to login is different of course.
if no webmail interface is provided (never heard of something like this but you never know) users can get/send email through an email client or (when they really need a webmail iface) simply import the mails to an account on another provider.
for the most unlikely case no webmail iface is available you can try squirrelmail for example, but I'm not sure, you might need root access for establishing it:
http://www.squirrelmail.org

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Yeah the server has a web mail interface but how can I bring it to my page. For example I will provide an input box for user name and password then write a script to go to https://email.secureserver.net/login.php(the web mail server) and put in the information from my script into there input boxes.
Is this possible?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ