How can YOU become a Hacker.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
thesweetdevilguy

tx

Post by thesweetdevilguy »

its been a pretty long time.. that some one had really written an wonderful article.. easier to follow and best thing is that it clears the fog out of your brains,,

thanks a lot buddy..

i have read many articles regarding how to be an hackers what are the things you need to know..

after reading those it still made me fuzzy and lots of questions keep popping up..

well this need i must say you have done an wonderful job

thanks once again

bourne

good work

Post by bourne »

ya realy that was something simple and impressed everyone..

:lol:

Hiram
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: How can YOU become a Hacker.

Post by Hiram »

Nerdz wrote:Hi everyone,

It’s been approximately 8years since I got in contact with my first security issue… My brother installed a trojan named NetBus on my computer and was having fun with it. I didn’t have any anti-virus or whatever. I thought Dr. Watson on windows was an anti-virus(What… he looks like a doctor no?) and he couldn’t find anything. I panic and delete every file and folder… Then, the computer wasn’t booting anymore :? . So I decided to learn a bit about these magic thing and play this with my friend.

Well, this is how I got into the famous world of computer security. Since, I have read severall book on « How to hack». If I can give you an advice, this is a good start to get a FAST summary of all different topic in computer security.

So, to become a REAL hacker, the first thing you have to do is define what is a hacker in your own words. People would say it is someone who use things the way they weren’t mean to be use. You know what? This is bullshit! Don’t stick someone else definition to this word, stick your own. If for you a hacker is someone who send trojan and hack their friend, then do so. Most of the time people will call them script-kiddie or skiddie(lazyness ;) ) but hey, we all have to start somewhere aren’t we?

Now that you have define the word hacker, you need to fix topic of interested. It doesn’t mean if you choose to try to hack website, you can’t hack application later but we all need to start somewhere. I would suggest you to start with one topic and follow it. I used to try a lot of different things at the same time and doing this, I wasn’t able to finish one of them completly(If your not like me then go ahead ;) ). When you think you got your subject, get a tons of tutorial, ebooks,etc… about your topic so you can learn some stuff about this. Don’t forget, google is your friend. You will find most of the thing you are looking for with search engine. Just don’t be afraid of doing complexe research and even reading some article on How to use a search engine.

Usually, when you are asking in a forum the famous question : « How do I hack …? » you’ll get most of the time 3 answers ( excluding all the flames ) :
1. You should start to read everything you see on the net, get in the download section and read tutorials.
2. You should start with HTML. It is not a programming language but you can achieve something nice in no time and then get into programming.
3. If you are asking, your never going to be a real hacker.
So which one of these answer is good? Well both 1-2. Keep in mind that there is nothing magic in computer. When you log yourself on a Windows machine, there are a lot of process behind the interface running to authenticate your username and playing with token. So just keep in mind that there is nothing magic about computer and it will be fine.

Now that you have chosen your topic, you should fix youself long time objectives. Learning something new, depending on the person, can take days,weeks,month. So fix youself short time objectives to so you can be satisfy. So you want to hack into what? Web application? Then start making website and try to attack them. Why not attacking them directly? Because if you do so, you’ll read papers on how to be able to attack website A and if there is a new website B and no one has ever published an article about hacking these kind of website, then your stuck. However, if you know the structure of a website, you have more chance of knowing it weakpoints. You can use the same method for application. Create a application and create mistake on purpose(like outbound array) and try some stuff such as entering more data than it can handle… :)

Now that you know this, you’ll want to try out your « hacking » method on real apps like webserver or commercial application to hook the system of someone right? Then what are you waiting for? Setup a little home network and do it on your own computer. Why? Because if you try to attack a webserver, it might log ALL the attempt you try to get into the machine and you could get in big trouble. Samething apply for the application hacking. If the user on the other side use an IDS(Intrusion Detection System) he can monitor all your attemps. So get a cheap computer, install linux, install the application want to hack(get the exact same version) and attack this box. You don’t know how to use Linux? Congrat, you are just about to learn a new OS( Operating System ) there are plenty of tutorial on linux… Again, Google it ;)

Now, you want to get into the real deal and start to show WHO’S THE MASTER! May I ask you why? You did some website or application before didn’t you? So you know how to build them securely and effectively. You also know how much time it took you to learn all this so you say to yourself : « I can hack them to show them I know more and to punish them to build crappy stuff without testing them ». You are right but why should you attack them? Why don’t you send them a email with the security hole you found? This is where you have to take the decision to be on the DARK side or on the WHITE side (kidding). You’ll read here and there that there are 3 hats : The black,white and gray hats. These hats are suppose to describe the intention of a hacker. As an exemple, a black hat can attack everything, a white hat is most of the time the one who will email the compagny and the gray hat, well it depend on how he feels. This is also bullshit! There is no black or white. Only different gray some darker then others.
Now, you should know a little bit more about « hacking ». This is your decision to do whatever you want but always be aware of the consequence.

P.S. : Don’t do this for fame… If you read through media, you can get the name of some the best hacker but keep in mind that the elites are never found.
Well Nerdz, I agree with you. Before HTML, I saw programming as being
boring.
HTML is a language! But a language which describes web pages with markup tags.
HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is not a programming language, but a markup language.
HTML is good for a beginner in that each step learnt, can be tried out and checking the result,
hence making it encouraging and interesting.

dconex
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by dconex »

[quote="Nerdz"]Hi everyone,

Thats greta now put it in detail in a booklet to download and let me study somethinn I can get good at

DC

Hiram

Post by Hiram »

dconex wrote:
Thats greta now put it in detail in a booklet to download and let me study somethinn I can get good at

DC
Did you mean getting good at HTML for a start? If so, you can try out this link:
HTML Tutorial

You keep on clicking ' Next Chapter' whenever you're done.
The chapters are on the left, but you don't have to know everything. You just need to
launch yourself somewhere and perform something, isn't it? Yah, that's the Hacker. :wink:
This World, this Universe, belongs to All in it;
you just have to know exactly where you belong!!!