C++/C# Step Sequencer using OpenGL or WPF

Questions about programming languages and debugging
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

C++/C# Step Sequencer using OpenGL or WPF

Post by maboroshi »

Looking for recommendations on building a Step Sequencer similar to Fruity Loops (I think they are using OpenGL) but only really for implementing the Control / UI

How do I go about implementing an Interface like FL Studio (either using opengl or WPF)

I am building a music editor and my plan is to build the features I need as separate entries. I would prefer OpenGL mainly because it is cross platform

Suggestions/Ideas?

*cheers

Mabo

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: C++/C# Step Sequencer using OpenGL or WPF

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, almost any cross-platform GUI library will do the job. Most of them allow you to create a customized control that you can draw from scratch using your own graphics.

Doing a quick search, i found this one that happens to use OpenGL:

http://www.fltk.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FLTK (pronounced "fulltick") is a cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for UNIX®/Linux® (X11), Microsoft® Windows®, and MacOS® X. FLTK provides modern GUI functionality without the bloat and supports 3D graphics via OpenGL® and its built-in GLUT emulation.

FLTK is designed to be small and modular enough to be statically linked, but works fine as a shared library. FLTK also includes an excellent UI builder called FLUID that can be used to create applications in minutes.

FLTK is provided under the terms of the GNU Library Public License, Version 2 with exceptions that allow for static linking
There are also the standard ones: wxWidgets, GTK, QT, etc.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...