DMCA complaint against suck-o from fetlife.com

Announcements and for questions/problems..
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

DMCA complaint against suck-o from fetlife.com

Post by bad_brain »

I posted it as news article already, but here on the boards I can go a bit more into detail:

yesterday when I got up I found this hilarious message in my inbox, it was sent through the contact form on the site:
Name
Amanda Force

Email
force.xxxxxxx@live.ca

Phone

Subject
DMCA

I need to file a DMCA with you, but I require a email to submit it to, either that or I can send it to your IP host. Can you provide me with a contact for your copyright infringement issues please?

If i do not hear back from you in the next 24 hours, i will submit it to your carrier instead.

Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Amanda
please not the hilariously wrong usage of technical terms...IP host...and best: carrier. :lol:

notice how that person didn't even told what the "complaint" is about. so I checked the logs and followed the pages this person visited on suck-o, she was obviously referred by google to the fetlife article in my blog, then she went to the staff page, to the site rules, to the downloads, and then to the contact form. of course I had her IP at that moment already, so I knew the location is canada. after some googling I found out she is appearing as official fetlife person and files DMCA complaints against sites that post images...of course only if those images are in context with sceptical articles.
the last one she was after was a twitter user, she filed a DMCA complaint at him and twitter took the images off.

the fun point is of course that neither fetlife, nor she, nor suck-o are under US laws. that IT illiterate (but self-proclaimed "media/copyright expert") little girl obviously has too much time at hand....humping activities seem to be pretty low nowadays in the fetish scene, eh? or well, maybe she is simply too boring or ugly or complains all the time about something. :lol:

when I knew what the complaint will be about (even before she filed it) I gave her a "complaint" email address to send her silly request to.....then edit the article to be on the 100% safe side (just took the pics off and replaced them with text)...and then wrote ANOTHER article about that incident and published it on the frontpage. a glorious victory for fetlife...instead of 1 blog post there are 2 articles now that will lead EVEN MORE visitors looking for unfiltered info to our site....now not only for info but also for lulz.

thanks a lot Amanda, you made my day! *thumb*

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: DMCA complaint against suck-o from fetlife.com

Post by DNR »

Good post, I commented.

i don't think you or suck-o will have any issues, it seems like fet(ish) life's knowledge of the law is just as weak as their knowledge of web mastering.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah...just good for a laugh. US laws for a site under German laws...umm...UK laws...where are we actually? :lol:

joebox
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by joebox »

I don't know they got the owner of wiki leaks with different countries corporation but the email doesn't even seem legitimate. Do you see the email address? Not directly from fetlife.
Award winning Unlimited Web Hosting
$1.81/month http://www.topratedhostservice.com
3 free domains | $100.00 Free advertising credits | Free Custom website design

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, she seems to be at least kinda affiliated with them. but who cares, if they want to file something: I have a good run this year with failed lawsuit threats against me, so good luck to them. :lol:

dconex
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by dconex »

It seems to me that small minded people are out there trying to take away any sort of freedom under the banner of DMCA and others and then try to sell themselves as a business in the field.

Hope they get tired and eventually realize the small copied items, logo and images for reference can easily be depicted in text with links and really doesn't stop the spead

Tada

DC

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

totally right. my experience has shown the more "open minded" they claim to be the more small minded they actually are. those people simply take themselves WAY too serious. they see themselves as "important" and can't take any criticism.
point out a security flaw in context with suck-o in an article and I will simply fix it, then post a reply on that article about it have been fixed. that way even such "bad PR" turns into good "good PR" because a potential users can see "oh, ok, they are serious about their site and fix issues for the sake of their users"....and this increases the trust into a site.

but noooo....... :roll:

ryan1918
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by ryan1918 »

I used to deal with tons of fake, or false reports about dmca/abuse or some bullshit, These idiots don't give up, but I normally get the smart one's that cause me a headache, good luck, and fight back!
http://www.ryan1918.com - Security.