Ingress

About your favorite games!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Ingress

Post by ayu »

This is a new really cool game I started with today.
Haven't been able to do much yet because of work, but it looks fantastic!

Basically, you have it in your phone, and walk around to different "portals" in your city (or other cities), and hack them to get resources and other stuff, and then you have to link them together to create different zones. And then in your computer you can login to a website and see an overview of everything, which is super neat.
There are only 2 teams, so everyone in the world plays in one of those teams, and fight against each other :D

This is perfect for you b_b, since you are out on your bike a lot :P (You can suggest new portals to be placed via the phone app, so you can suggest cool locations when you are out :P)

Code: Select all

http://www.ingress.com
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Ingress

Post by bad_brain »

ok, I have to admit it IS a really cool idea! :D now I just need a phone for that...mine retro Nokia surely does NOT support it.... :lol:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

What an awesome idea!
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

So I've been playing for a week or so now, and while I have to admit it is a fun way to get a little exercise, and to meet other like-minded people there are some flaws in the long term play I think.

First it is very hard to level without help during the first 4, maybe 5 levels. Most portals you find are too powerful to be destroyed with the low level weapons you have available in the early stages. So you can hack them for 100ap each every 5 minutes... but that is a long road to level 5.

When you finally do start getting some weapons capable of attacking level 5-8 portals, chances are you'll run into some other players (good or bad) and have some fun walking around and attacking the almost limitless level 7 and 8 portals. BOOM, over night you are level 6 then 7 and 8 within a week of coordinated attacks.

After level 8 though, you still gain ap (experience) but there are no more levels. You are almost relegated to power leveling people into the same position just to clear out your low level bombs and items. (max inventory is 2000 items) Occasionally you'll get some media files that unravel in an almost wiki-leaks fashion the sub-story to the game, and the coordinated bombing runs through opposite faction controlled areas can be fun for a time... but if they don't add some high level content after the beta, it will probably fade away as just another data mining tactic Google did once.

Last note, this game would be fucking awesome integrated with some Google glass!
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]