want help on c++, protocols

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
sid06

want help on c++, protocols

Post by sid06 »

hi fellas i want to learn language and people say c is great for beginers and i need advise on what book do i need to read first and protocols too tnx fellas

z3mwaz
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by z3mwaz »

Good post sid,
as for programming i'm learning too
but i've be looking through other post in suck-o and it helps alot

also, i use
www.w3schools.com/
its refered many time in the post here and i have been using it on and off for about a year or two, and its very useful
“Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.”

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm, C isn't necessarily the *BEST* for beginners, but it's definitely ok if you know html or javascript or a lower level scripting/programming language, like basic.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

gogeta70 wrote:but it's definitely ok if you know html or javascript or a lower level scripting/programming language, like basic.
8O Why? I've started with visual basic 5.0 and then jumped to C++.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yep. Visual basic. VB is a BASIC derivative, if i'm not mistaken.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Yeah your right I misunderstood you :roll:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well a great free site for learning C, C++ or any language is http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com

plus you can take any book, when you go to book shop read the "this book is for.." read what those books assume and what do they teach you.. it doesnt make a big difference which book you study from.. the only thing which matters is how much do you learn.

For beggining ANSI C would be a good option.. later when you study more advanced topic you can always ask what your particular interest is...

sid06

Post by sid06 »

tnx fellas very much, so it means that need to learn html before learning language such as c, java
ibn

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

no its perfectly fine if you want to start with c, c++ without any previous programming experience

infact i did the same.. the first programming language i learnt was c++

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Same here.

robbins
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by robbins »

we have a couple of resident c++ coders at www.undug.net programming community, idk if that helps, but they'd be glad to help in the forums if you post a question there.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

hey man robbins.. its good that you are trying to help noobs with programming.. but you are just advertising your own site.. we are here to share knowledge.. i m not saying that dont post it.. but it seems like all you are concerned about is advertising your site.. show us that you are also a part of our community.. post a little more...

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I have to agree. I know bad_brain gave you the ok, but shit man. You have posted many and they all have a tag telling people to go to your community. I am beginning to rear up and not go to see your sit just due to the persistent spamming.

Possible containment and people may come.

:evil:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, I noticed this too. you were allowed to advertise your site on the promotion board which was already an exception because new users aren't normally allowed to do this.
every message which includes no real content besides advertising your site will be labeled as spam from now on and will be removed, I will also feel free to ban you and remove your banner. with such an behaviour you will surely not push traffic to your site, as you can see the users here are not stupid and only feel annoyed by these posts.
I recommend to help other users here so people recognize your skills and knowledge, and THEN people will surely visit your site and post on your boards.....earning respect and building a community takes plenty of time, work and patience, people who want to have it the easy and fast way will fail.