Windows, IIS and klusters

Problems? Post here...
ayu
Staff
Staff

Windows, IIS and klusters

Post by ayu »

I will describe the problem in a lot more detail in a bit, but currently I'm raging war against customer servers, so it will have to wait.

First I just want to ask, is there anyone around who is really good with Windows Servers, IIS and clusters?
Or at least have any experience with it at all?

The cluster part is where I fall flat.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Windows, IIS and klusters

Post by bad_brain »

I totally pass on that one. but as last option I could connect you to some miami corporate dudes dealing with MS servers.
but maybe I can still help at least a bit as soon as you had time to post more details... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Windows, IIS and klusters

Post by ayu »

Well, currently what we have is:

1 Windows Server with an IIS server with 1 website on.
1 Windows Server with SQL Server on it, with 1 database.

Currently the end customer load is so heavy that the database can't handle the pressure from all the queries (the table gets deadlocked, and the locks build up after a few hours until the pool is filled and the customers are met with a timeout error on the website).

The current solution that our customer tried, was to put up several IIS servers with node balancing, but I have explained to them that it wont solve the database issue.
So what we have done right now is that we have optimized the website so that it wont spam the SQL server with so many queries.

But what I want to prepare for, is a way to cluster the SQL server as well, in a way so that the databases are always synced somehow.
From what I understand, the website has to be aware of this as well so that it can manage it, but I have never tried it before, and certainly not on Windows, so I'm a bit unsure.

Any kind of input is appreciated ^^

PS: currently the server is holding up because of our changes, but I thought it might be best to prepare for the future, since their customer base keep increasing.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"