handball anyone?

Like bodybuilding, running, etc.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

handball anyone?

Post by bad_brain »

as posted in the "martial arts" board here is a pic of me playing handball...I am the dude in red in the middle passing the ball...^^

I have played handball for 6 or 7 years, in the end it lost its fun a bit because I had a bunch of injuries like torn ligaments in the ankles, and playing in the "adult" league (I started with 13 or so) was annoying. we called it the "beer belly league", most of them were oil tanker sized guys in their 40's and their strategy was simply to throw full force right towards your head (because they had no endurance for real playing), so you had only 2 options: broken nose and losing some teeth or duck and cover....which often ended in mass fights, our whole team was banned repeatedly from playing.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: handball anyone?

Post by ayu »

Nice!

Except that last bit, sounded a bit harsh :|

For me it will be something where I don't have to think, and that will take less time.
Like an hour at the gym once in a while ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: handball anyone?

Post by bad_brain »

well, we were young and wanted to play handball....the old guys saw it more as a "getting away from the wife and having beers" thingy... :roll:

gym is ok, as long as you have some kind of "per demand" one where you can get tickets for a day (or even hour-wise)....often a waste of money when you have monthly fees with long contract runtimes, especially for people like us.