SEO certification

All about creating websites!
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

SEO certification

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Hey guys, I am into web development field, and want to go for SEO certification.

I do not want to go for any training. Don't want to spend my money behind it. I just want to give exam and get certification. I already have loads of ebooks, and video training tutorials from Lynda, VTC, etc.

The question is:
From where should I do SEO certification?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: SEO certification

Post by maboroshi »

I personally would not go for SEO Certification. There is discussion at this link regarding this same topic

Code: Select all

http://moz.com/community/q/is-seo-certification-org-worth-having
Personally having looked at SEO jobs, if you can provide PoW (Proof of Work/Experience) in regards to getting sites on top then you are probably good to find work. Usually a starter SEO position where I am from requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in the field. It is definitely a good paying job if you are good at it and your work experience increases.

In terms of the videos you are watching, there is a lot left unsaid in the Lynda and VTC videos and although a good resource, SEO is an industry in itself and requires a lot of study and experimenting.

I don't know your skill level in this subject but I suggest starting on friends sites, help them out. Family or whatever in getting better ranks and do research. The helping friends imo is to help with the experience. ComputaThugs is pretty amazing with SEO work, so I also suggest speaking with him.

*cheers

Mabo

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Thanks a lot mabo for throwing bright light on that one.

I have 1 year of experience in web development field. I even have my 2 websites, as well as, I am managing 6 other websites of my friend in my spare time. Personally, I am also thinking of experimenting on those website.

Thanks. :)
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Hey no problem Zero! :-)

I attached a cheat sheet to this message I kind of work on from time to time. Maybe it can help you as well.

Thugs is always saying a website should be built with the idea of being SEO capable :-)

Edit * You can download the PDF or take a look here.

http://www.suck-o.com/index.php/blogs/i ... tes-on-seo
Attachments
seo-guide.7z
(51.63 KiB) Downloaded 70 times