DNR and 2014

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

DNR and 2014

Post by DNR »

Work related to hacking took me off track here on suck-o.

Life proves its true, you will always return to your roots, home.

Over the past year the hysteria about spying and prism hit the news like it was fresh human crap floating in a swimming pool. It was a reminder that the only safe place is a hacker's den, on a hacker's server. This is not facebook, we don't google share, you can't search for us on the internet. Old school hackers will feel safe and at home here, neophytes will be protected here while they learn why the internet is dangerous.

After Jan 1st I will be posting a blog and news reports. I will also update the "DNR's Suggested Readings" material - I have collected much while I was away ; )

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: DNR and 2014

Post by bad_brain »

well, the boards are open to google, but only the newbies-, and tutorial-ones...the rest is blocked...and of course everything is under my control...server, site and domain (well, the latter one is in control of some guy in romania, I wonder who that is :lol: :-99 ).

I followed that 2600 discussion on FB about them getting a site, not because I would join their site, but because I found it to be highly amusing......big plans, but nothing will ever happen. I mean, how long do they talk about it already now? almost a year? :lol:

anyway, welcome back my friend... *thumb*

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The facebook group was a terrible project. I would have left that group after the first few weeks of people 'who only comment on post' trolling others, emotional drama, political shit, and "I respect freedom of speech, but you shut the fuck up" back and forth. The requisite "politically correction or self censor while in public" really meant - you could not say the truth many times, because gee - someone will get butt hurt. Adrian Lamo PM'ed me, "hey I have been watching you, I like you to be mod" - it was fun for about 15 minutes. The lack of support from other mods didn't help - they wanted 'likes' and 'friends' more than making the social group a hacking discussion group. cat memes..

Social groups are exactly that - people have this need to socialize and be wanted, 'liked' and 'friended'. There was no learning - just political maneuvering to who can get more likes and fake ass friends. Every high tech post I made - silence, every cat meme I posted, lots of likes. Fuck 'em.

It is a warning - you do have to chose the 'red pill or the blue pill' - you want 'wine and games' - go to a fucking social networking site. You want real world, real people, find a hacker's den.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Nice one DNR! 2014 will be a good year. I look forward to whatever comes our way.

Mabs

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I too will be frequenting these BS sites less and less in 2014 and will focus more on our own blog section. For obvious reasons with the projects i am doing i need to use these bullshit sites but the truth of the matter is no one cares about people at the other side of the world, dying or not dying!! Its the truth, well there are some but very few out of the consensus.

Anyway, i need to get back on track with some tech shit as well. All this work no play is killing me so in the new year i am going to try for the first time in my life to set certain times out for certain things. Not saying it will work but im going to give it one hell of a try thats for sure. *thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

FB likes...meh...I prefer BTC. :lol:

and yeah, FB is actually kinda ok for keeping in touch with family and friends, but it's not a good place to make new friends...the idiot concentration there is simply way too high.
I have like 30 people on my list there, most are from suck-o, maybe 5 off-suck-o people who are the actual reason why I stay on FB, oh and about 11 are "Sir accounts-a-lot" mab... :lol:

but yeah, it's fun for a little, it has been for me too, but most of the people there began to annoy the crap out of me quickly, it seemed like a huge circlejerking convention for me. people taking sides not because of "truth is true and it's logic", they did it because of "I like that person more, so I will defend his views no matter if he's totally wrong".
the only reasons why I didn't start to troll the shit out of that group was:
a.) no time
b.) the group seemed kinda important for some people I like

the concept of a "FB group for hackers" is an oxymoron in itself already, leave alone the fact that most people there are as much "hackers" as I am a 13 year old russian ballerina.
my favorite is still the girl who claimed she has "a hacking mindset since she was a baby already because already there she disassembled things to see how they work"....like every baby does...every baby is a hacker now, cool. btw, I climbed into the laundry basket as a little kid, attached the clothespins inside and imagined I am an astronaut in a spaceship using the clothespins as switches to launch the rocket and stuff....yes, I am a natural born astronaut, time to join the NASA rocket engineer FB group... :lol:

phew, got all ranty.... :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

and you know what - This is a guarantee of job security for the rest of us - the new breed of FB hacking groups means more jerks with LOIC or SQL attacks, maybe a few picked up DNS redirection or DNS DoS, meh we can fix that.

It means all these politically, emotionally charged, idiots will be trying to haxor servers we can get paid to protect.

I had problems fitting into the social network - small talk, bs, lying, politics, drama - and no learning. People take news at full face or less - a reporter clueless about computers can tell them that PRISM can read all their emails, phone calls, and watch them through their TVs - air gap viruses, soundwaves infecting machines, and "yes the government monitors your facebook" lol - sorry but most people are not going to be in the history books, but just another number, a statistic. (I guess most of us will be in the history books of the feds, thats ok lol) People want to be important, they want to be spied on so they feel like their meaningless YOLO lives mean something... Not me, attention is bad ya'll 8)

DNR
-

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

DNR wrote:People want to be important, they want to be spied on so they feel like their meaningless YOLO lives mean something... Not me, attention is bad ya'll 8)
Agreed: No art no name.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

DNR wrote:People want to be important, they want to be spied on so they feel like their meaningless YOLO lives mean something...
So damn true. Welcome back DNR! I sure as hell miss your writing here!

Also, ROFL at "Sir accounts-a-lot" xD

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

bad_brain wrote:FB likes...meh...I prefer BTC. :lol:
my favorite is still the girl who claimed she has "a hacking mindset since she was a baby already because already there she disassembled things to see how they work"....like every baby does...every baby is a hacker now, cool. btw, I climbed into the laundry basket as a little kid, attached the clothespins inside and imagined I am an astronaut in a spaceship using the clothespins as switches to launch the rocket and stuff....yes, I am a natural born astronaut, time to join the NASA rocket engineer FB group... :lol:

phew, got all ranty.... :lol:
ROFLMAO Awesome!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I bringz friendz - Calliope - is an intrepid traveller and song bird...

DNR
-